skateboarding saved my life

Whoa a bamboo skateboard? Craze. I was just thinking about that the other day, but thought it wouldn't work because of the way it grows in shoots.

Not sure how the deck feels compared to maple (probably harder), but bamboo is a more sustainable resource, ao it's environmentally-friendly. Although production would almost certainly be in China, which sucks.

I've got one of those sector 9 bamboo setups for going to 7-11 and shit.

I think supreme just makes decks to try and keep up their "skate/Street" cred. But in all actuality i would never buy anything to skate on or in from them. But lets not turn this into another Supreme thread.

never skated a supreme deck. mostly because the first couple days, i'll have to walk around with a brand new supreme deck and people will think i'm a poser. (8)

After seeing the sector 9 team go down on some hills in France last yer I'd say those chumps got balls of steel....

Scared the living daylights out of me, even with my skating experince of 20 odd years...

I'd seem to find myself skating pool more and more..

Can't be bothered with street anymore...

alright heres my new setup, cant wait to get it next week

i got it super cheap from skatewarehouse.com!

DGK Williams Otaay! Deck 8.06 x 32

DKWODK-1.jpg

Darkstar Twisted Pink Wheels 54mm

Indy Stage 10 Standrd 139mm Silver 8"

Bones Reds Bearings

Lil' Phillips Hardware 1

Mob Perforated Griptape

i wouldve gotten some spitfires/bones but the Darkstar wheels were on sale for half the price....

cant wait to get this shit next week and start shredding!

be careful about buying decks online at discount prices. Besides not supporting local skate shops, usually those discount decks are factory deffects and brake alot more easily.

ive been calling around shops in my area and theyre quoting me 150-180 for a complete deck (girl deck + indy trucks). Is that normal?I dont ever remember paying more than 80-100 when i was younger

my local shop is about 150 with that sorta setup. you can typically build that setup online for about 110-120... the mark up is pretty good.

a blank/minilogo/online store board complete will end up costing around 80-100.

the board i built ended up costing only 75 bc the deck and wheels were on sale.

Once you figure out if you're really into skating, rabidly support your local shop and fuck buying stuff online.

You'll end up saving money one way or another in the long run with that approach.

fsho.

I think the extra $$$ to help a brick and mortar is crucial in this economy. Im ok with paying an extra ~$30 for instant gratification (no shipping).

I'm actually gonna visit my hometown this weekend. Looks like im gonna have to head to my old skateshop and get some shit from them.

my front ankle should be amputated from all the problems it gives me from years of skateboarding. i just got a tattoo on it and the nerves which have mended together incorrectly several times were convulsing.

and regardless of price the skateshop should be supported. when i was 16 i got in trouble and had to move to tennessee. nothing beat the feeling of being surrounded by goodies after a 50 minute drive to the closest shop.

the second closest was a skatepark that was one big ramp. it was more of a decaying obstacle course built by a farmer. they had a bunch of deadstock sheep shoes like 10 years after they went under and were charging $80 a pair which are probably still there.

I agree with the whole "buy independent regardless of price" sentiment to a certain extent; but in certain places around the world (ie Australia where I am) it's just not practical. I'm willing to pay an extra $10 or $20, but when you're looking at paying at least $100 for a pair of trucks at the local shop there's no choice but to go online.

Speaking of crazy board consrtuction, does anyone remember the range of boards that Lib-tech brought out that had springs sandwiched between the layers of wood? I cant remember what they were called.

I had one back in like 2000, was pretty awesome but I could hardly get in 5 minutes of skating without someone coming up and asking me if they could try it though.

I think supreme just makes decks to try and keep up their "skate/Street" cred. But in all actuality i would never buy anything to skate on or in from them. But lets not turn this into another Supreme thread.

really? their decks are pressed in the usa by chapman, so there is no problem there... and i love to skate in my kate moss tee, actually wore it skatng yesterday... titties. if you can somehow separate supreme from their customers, then its a pretty dope brand.

really? their decks are pressed in the usa by chapman, so there is no problem there... and i love to skate in my kate moss tee, actually wore it skatng yesterday... titties. if you can somehow separate supreme from their customers, then its a pretty dope brand.

Yeah man, not to mention the fact that everyone who works there is a pretty legit wheelieboarder.

Still all for skateboarding/skateboarders, just patronized by people who don't skate.

Aside from the leather jacket, I skate in all the shit I've bought from Supreme. I wouldn't cop a board from them though. I'd rather support a skate company (Baker/Zero/Deathwish).

fuck, got a new deck and I forgot how much a difference it makes. landed a nosegrind on the DWP benches. I'm skating in my german army trainers too (which are surprisingly good)

I agree with the MJ post above, he is so fucking talented.

i like chris cole cuz hes one of the few unskinny skaters

went to the local shop and picked this65-00733_z.jpgdeck up

along with a set of indys. Skimped on the bearings (abec 3) and wheels but i figured i wouldnt be missing out much