skateboarding saved my life

What do you mean by private TF?

A private TF is a private training facility. It's essentially just an indoor park that a company will build (usually in their warehouse) for their team's riders/friends. Think BlackBox for a more recent example.. Or Alien had a really popular one back in the early/mid 2000's, it was seen in multiple 411VM episodes.

Edited by -YK

nice ^^^ As for a private facility that'd be sweet not having it so crowded, but then again it's nice to feed off each other's energy. It'd be nice to not have to skate these crappy (and painful) metal skateparks we have here...does anyone else here prefer to skate street than a park? I like that it makes you get creative (and where i grew up there weren't any parks).

nice ^^^ As for a private facility that'd be sweet not having it so crowded, but then again it's nice to feed off each other's energy. It'd be nice to not have to skate these crappy (and painful) metal skateparks we have here...does anyone else here prefer to skate street than a park? I like that it makes you get creative (and where i grew up there weren't any parks).

Theres usually a handful of people, typically rippers to feed off. Every now and again team/flow kids come through and make your feeble attempts look like switch warm ups ( which they are)

I would skate street instead if non bust. Growing up skating philly got me pretty accustomed to shitty street situations, and running, but now as a old I want to avoid tickets/running from 5-0.

Now everyone grows up with wonky city designed concrete/steel parks, without that creative or stylistic approach.

perfect after watching this hilarious dylan ad for huf

Edited by EG562

^^ I ride one, it's an 8.5 it's fun but harder to flip. I do like it though because it is way more comfy than a Popsicle board.

Does your board have a nose? Because there are some newish old school decks out that have one.

I was thinking about buying one because I imagined it would be more comfy in a miniramp and for cruising around town.

How does it behave when doing lip tricks?

Does your board have a nose? Because there are some newish old school decks out that have one.

I was thinking about buying one because I imagined it would be more comfy in a miniramp and for cruising around town.

How does it behave when doing lip tricks?

Yes it has one but the model I got was a pointed sort of nose I call it my boat. I think all their boards have double kicks don't they? Yeah it take me back to when I first started skating I have the wide trucks and all so it's fun to grind because there is so much surface. However doing kickflip a takes that extra effort to get it to flip but it's not too bad.

Okay so I wanna buy an old school board, because I´m mainly skating in a miniramp atm and I feel my regular board is too narrow (7.5) for my feet (12) and I think it would be more easy to control it in the miniramp.

I came across this deak:

http://www.skatedeluxe.de/de/alien-workshop-haring-fishtail-10-x-30-cruiser-pink_p53829?cPath=163&sort=priceup&offset=31

Should I go for it? The price is nice considering an old school Tony Hawk or Mike McGill deck runs for 130€ (woithout tucks etc.).

Has anyone had experioence with Reflex trucks?

I appreciate your help!

Okay so I wanna buy an old school board, because I´m mainly skating in a miniramp atm and I feel my regular board is too narrow (7.5) for my feet (12) and I think it would be more easy to control it in the miniramp.

I came across this deak:

http://www.skatedeluxe.de/de/alien-workshop-haring-fishtail-10-x-30-cruiser-pink_p53829?cPath=163&sort=priceup&offset=31

Should I go for it? The price is nice considering an old school Tony Hawk or Mike McGill deck runs for 130€ (woithout tucks etc.).

I appreciate your help!

Skip it, too short. You're not going to like it if you're taller and have large feet.

I came across this deak:

I appreciate your help!

Why would you go for a cruiser on a miniramp??

Choose something light, smaller wheels and bombproof trucks.

Plenty of 8.5 decks around these days... If you are skating pools and concrete , that's  a different story but I wouldn't that that one on a miniramp. (neither in my bowl either tbh)

As a size 10.5 I just feel more sensible on something 8+, speaking of 'crazes' though, what do you guys think of

Alex Olson's newish brand Bianca Chandon? 

i always thought of alex olsen as a too cool socal dude. i was glad to hear him talk like a person and not act like a jock shit skater.

Edited by gotbruins?

I came across this deak:

I appreciate your help!

http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=45944

That deck and everything they recommend for it would actually be prime for mini ramp.

If you like smaller wheels I would go 55 smallest, just feels better to me on transition...

so just realised today that the left wheels of my trucks are much closer to the board than the right which im guessing is from riding the same setup for years and only ever skating regular

is there anything i can do to fix this?