skateboarding saved my life

Would anyone be interested in creating an Instagram hashtag where we can all post clips of tricks, lines, progress, (hell, even a game of skate) or any miscellaneous shit?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I guess I could do #pc_sc (Phil Collins Space Camp). I would do pcsc but people are already using that.

If we get a decent amount of people I'll make stickers of phil collins in space or something. 

http://cdn.arwrath.com/5/52334.gif

http://davidcorio.com/images/236/slideshow/phil-collins-genesis-01.jpg?1313068519

I'll try to post today if the ground dries up. 

Nice man and yeah, I just set up my ipad in a random spot and film. I put up a test clip, just pop shoves and a fs manual powerslide. I want to get fakie frontside flips tomorrow hopefully. 

Found time to get out today, had a blast!  I'm really starting to nail my pop shove-its almost every time.  Next step is to get em down while going fast

Edited by Schoon

i went running yesterday and found this gem around my hood,

http://newyorkcityskateparks.com/riversideskatepark.html

no one was using it and im tempted to start up again from a 10+ year hiatus. I stopped when i couldnt land a kickflip rofl.

but since no one ever uses that park i might want to give a vert a try rofl

whats a good online place to pick up a cheap, complete skateboard?

nm, found some cheap complete skateboards at ccs.com for like $50 bucks! sweet

Edited by mr.invincible

i took almost 9 years off, and found that i returned to the person i was, (much happier), when i picked it up again. You dont have to get super serious just have your own fun. Every skater knows that just rolling is priceless.

Edited by Lukenstein

surprised you all ride 8.25s,  I sold my 7.5 to my friend years ago when i quit skating, recently he let me ride it and man it's so much easier to control than the 8 i have now.  plus i can ollie ~6 inches higher on it.  But that probably has more to do with the weight and not so much the width

Yeh, just scanning skate shops nowadays; everything seems to be around 8+

I'm finding 8.25 ideal 

When i was young i rode 7.5, 7.125, so i went to the shop and they said no no no thats not how it is these days.

I find 8,25 to be perfect.

Pretty much, 8 is probably a good starting size

is the width a personal preference?

I'm a size 9 in nike and I'm making the change from 7.75 to an 8 with a heroin love cats deck. I'm kind of curious if I've been missing out on the whole 8 and up craze. Plus there are more decks to choose from at this size. 

I may. As of right now an 8 feels really big ahahah. I'm so used to a 7.75 where things are so much quicker. I actually got a 8 mini logo since new decks are being shipped either tomorrow or monday at my local shop. I want to get some clips soon but the weather in nj is whack. 

Edit: Weather was nice for like 6 hours but when I decided to skate there was suddenly rain and warnings for flash flooding. Whack ass luck lol. Turns out the heroin deck is 8.25 so I'm probably going to stick with my 8 mini logo since my trucks are for 7.75 decks. Pretty disappointed but oh well. 

Edited by POLYGAMY

Who else is pretty bummed on Alien Workshop and Habitat going under? I never really rode or even liked most of their shit, But in the state that skateboardings in right now, It's a bummer to see two classics drop like that!

In addition I'd like to hear about the thunders, I've broken every pair I ever had and want to know if titanium actually holds up. 

i agree, i had a habitat board once that i really enjoyed.

i have a pair of thunders right now actually and i love them, they def hold up but they also wear down nice for ledges

The thunders (only thunder lights with hollow kingpin) I'm using currently are pretty gucci. Turning on Indy's and grinding is still better but you sacrifice weight unless you get the hollow indys. I rolled my ankle pretty bad yesterday since my thunders are too small for my 8 inch mini logo deck so I'm making the switch to bigger ace trucks. I'm currently loving the slightly bigger board except for flip tricks since they're a little slower. 

Skating a 8.5 welcome board after feeling like 8 was too small. Flip tricks are a little harder but I'm way more confident grinding rails for some reason. I'm sure it's all in my head but the larger trucks make me feel a little safer. Honestly though as a kid I would skate whatever I could get my hands on and just make it work.

Also someone commented on the impact boards and I agree. I've got an enjoi like that and it's very poppy and hasn't so much as cracked when I do anything big (when I say big for me, probably small for you haha)

Anyone remember Lib tech? I know they're still around but I have a board from them from years and years ago that i finally cracked when I was using it as a backup board. Those things are bulletproof!

did a kickflip backtail on a 6 step rail and broke my board, fuck yes.

thankfully it was just a light weight blank deck i wanted to experiment with or this would be a different thing lol