skateboarding saved my life

Got mine yesterday and skated a bit! Went surpisingly well too, was never that good of a skater with 15-16 but could land a lot of kickflips already. Hope I can motivate some friends that were skating long ago too, so it would be much more fun! Will post a pic later, got a palace 8,1" deck, 139 indys, bones STF 51mm wheels and bones reds bearings.

EDIT: here it is

9tP2Aon.jpg

Edited by hate

ayee my roommate/good friend did the art for these boards - check it out, give her props, whatever haha

http://www.tactics.com/tactics/ranch-gang-artist-series-skateboard-deck/space-gang

http://www.tactics.com/tactics/ranch-gang-artist-series-skateboard-deck/natural

Edited by rockon99

Anyone try the Thunder Titanium Lights?

i have dem. super light. i heard pipo talking about flip tricsk being more difficult to do with titaniums. 

i don't (can't do) super fancy flips so they ok for me

Edited by herpsky

Me too,

Fish eye lens for a video camera.

Good camera that will have multi shoot and maybe motion focus.

I tried to film myself skating alone on a flat bank but couldnt get a good angle for a stationary vidcam. 

Nah, but I just ordered a totally blank deck I´m pretty stoked.

These are pretty hard to find around here, it´s like most people wanna pay more just to advertise a brand (no offense to anyone who does this). There is a skateshop though that sells uncut decks, so you have to cut out the shape you want.

Edited by Landadel

Anyone had any experience with the double impact boards, almost, cliche etc?

Rode a mates in the bowl last week , it was nice, But I hear stories about the stiffness making tricks harder to land and not getting away with sketchy landings anymore. Think it depends on what you wanna skate, I hardly get on the street anymore. I am having to much fun carving it up so for me a stiffer board would be fun. For a beginner or someone not comfortable enuff to pull off small tricks in the street , it might not be for you

Nah, but I just ordered a totally blank deck I´m pretty stoked.

These are pretty hard to find around here, it´s like most people wanna pay more just to advertise a brand (no offense to anyone who does this). There is a skateshop though that sells uncut decks, so you have to cut out the shape you want.

My local shop sells uncut alien workshop decks, i was thinking of trying my own shape out one day.

• 2 weeks later...

Who else is pretty bummed on Alien Workshop and Habitat going under? I never really rode or even liked most of their shit, But in the state that skateboardings in right now, It's a bummer to see two classics drop like that!

In addition I'd like to hear about the thunders, I've broken every pair I ever had and want to know if titanium actually holds up. 

Alien going down is super sad. What I always really enjoyed about Alien was that they had a certain elegance and weren't just a "hijinksy" company a la Baker. To be honest its amazing that they made it this long considering that they haven't really been popular for a while.

Who else is pretty bummed on Alien Workshop and Habitat going under? I never really rode or even liked most of their shit, But in the state that skateboardings in right now, It's a bummer to see two classics drop like that!

i am. seeing pendelton's art on alien boards as a kid was one of the first times i can remember actually paying attention to art.