skateboarding saved my life

I just got this new board:

- enjoi 8.75 (click to see the shape properly) / Mob grip

- Independent Andrew Reynolds signature trucks* / BOLZEN riser pads

- Bones Reds / Minilogo 60mm

be9s8.jpg

*they didn´t have the regular ones and I wanted to support my local skateshop (and skate ASAP) so I got these.

Anyways, I´m gonna skate this tomorrow for the first time.

I´ll write a review if anyone´s interested.

Edited by Landadel

They may look ugly to some, but they are very comfortable to skate in.

VSDQAZ3.JPG

I´ve also heard real good things about the Nike Stefan Janoski:

nike-zoom-stefan-janoski-id-distressed-c

I used to skate in Nike Dunks (years before Nike SB existed) and they lasted forever.

Edited by Landadel

I don't like city skating. too many people and cars, rough, cracked pavement, not enough spots. I haven't touched my board since getting back into the city.

Also my knees/back are not holding up to tricks like they used to. Spending half a day practicing kickflips flat ground requires me to spend the next half of that day on my back with a couple icepacks.

^For real. Bailed poorly on a boardslide yesterday and today I feel like I got hit by a car.

Coupla skateparks near me have nice bowl setups. I can't do much more than drop in and pump around, but it's interesting to see the mix of old dudes (40+) and younger skaters (young being ~20) who can really skate a bowl/pool. When did the bowl skating resurgence happen? I wanna do sweepers and frontside airs.

Growing up on the east coast in the 90s, we didn't have a lot of access to that sort of transition.

Update: I am still terrible at skateboarding.

Probably not as bad as I am now... I haven't skated regularly in about 2 years now... But the past 2 weekends I've been skating... And I suck at it now. I mean, I can still do it, it's just super awkward. I'm gonna keep doing it tho... Because even sucking its fun.

Probably not as bad as I am now... I haven't skated regularly in about 2 years now... But the past 2 weekends I've been skating... And I suck at it now. I mean, I can still do it, it's just super awkward. I'm gonna keep doing it tho... Because even sucking its fun.

I challenge you to a game of skate where the real losers are our knees

They just extended a skatepark with a pool style bowl about 30 mins from my house. Car full of homies and good times ahoy.

I arrive at my friends house to do pick ups and i realise i have left my entire set up at the local skatepark the previous day and it is now long gone. I scramble to put something together but its not the same.

callum paul pro model deck, hollow indys, bones wheels, all brand new...bye bye 

Not exactly sure which tee's you're looking for, but I've seen some Palace stuff on END. and Hanon-shop. Probably more shops out there too, can't really think off the top of my head, soz. 

If anyone knows where to buy Palace decks in the U.S (preferably east coast/closer to nyc) I'd greatly appreciate the info. 

Also, moving into Newark NJ tomorrow. If anyone's near that area and down to skate I'd be more than willing to meet up. 

I skate newark a few times a week. hit me up

man, still looking for a new skateboard lol

im just not feeling anything on ccs. ive been mainly looking at the sale stuff; wish they had more anti-hero or better real boards.

any sales you guys know of let me know!

http://fancyladskateboards.bigcartel.com/

as far as shoes go the busenitz is supposed to be really good

busentix.jpg

adidas is making some good skate shoes.

I usually just skate old skools or regular converse chuck taylors tho...

Went to my local shop and got some new shoes today, Adidas Gonz pros, on sale too! They feel great. Just got done skating at the park. Crisp day today, making for a refreshing session.

What did you all think of the supreme vid?

Hadn´t had a chance to go skate for the last month, but I´ll go visit a friend in an other city and there´s an indoor skatepark with a foam pit. And scooters and inline skaters are not allowed in. Looking forward to it!

Edited by Landadel