skateboarding saved my life

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but what's a good setup to start with? I want to get into it but I don't know where to begin in terms of deck, trucks, wheels, etc. Would it be best to just buy a deck and then take it into a local skate shop and have them hook it up for me?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but what's a good setup to start with? I want to get into it but I don't know where to begin in terms of deck, trucks, wheels, etc. Would it be best to just buy a deck and then take it into a local skate shop and have them hook it up for me?

go to southside skatepark. It's kind of out of the way but they have a pretty good selection of gear. As far as decks go, reserve in the heights has sick ones like palace and magenta(i think). They are 54 bux. I guess people always say you fuck up the graphics so it doesn't matter. I don't think that's necessarily true. You need a good looking deck that gets you pumped. I don't know how old you are but reserve also has clothes for older skaters like myself. I think southside gives u a deal when you get a complete. I have thunder titaniums. I like indy but these super light trucks are good for beginner skaters who don't wish to go fast and like practicing flat tricks.

depends on your style of skating i guess, don't do it if you like to push fast. used to ride venture 129s on 8'125 for guap reasons, switched up to indy 139s, still a bit ''undersized'' but alot less sketchy when going fast.

just get bones hardcore du

*seriously, i don't know why anyone would NOT want to upgrade to bones hardcore

Edited by herpsky

Just got back into skateboarding after a 7 year or so absence.

I used to really like Louie Barletta, are there any new kewl kids with a similar style to look out for?

I feel like an old man.

I just ordered a new set-up, didn't skate for around 9years! how is it going for you?

I just ordered a new set-up, didn't skate for around 9years! how is it going for you?

Surprisingly well, actually. I've lost some weight since then and I got a feeling flips are easier now.

I'm gonna order a full set-up as well, post a pic of yours when you get it!