skateboarding saved my life

I don't know why but lately I've had a desire to buy a board and start skating.  I used to when I was like 10 but I sucked and could barely ollie and quit.  Now I want to buy one just to ride and maybe not suck but I don't really care at this point.

Should I just roll through a local skate shop and have them pick me something out?  Is there anything specific you want when you're learning as far as size of board, type of trucks and stuff like that?

size is all preference my man.. i skate 8.38 - 8.5 but thats big to most people. some of my friends skate 7.75's and smaller.  But if you are going to get anything 8 or above definitely get 149 trucks so the board doesn't hang over a bunch.. if you're gonna go smaller, get the 139's. i also skate 54-55mm wheels, theyre a good all around size imo

I'm really glad that my friend convinced me to pick up skating again.  Got a new board a few weeks ago and we've been out practicing just like old times as much as we can without snow getting in the way. We both got pretty terrible during the 4-5 year dry spell, most we can do is ollie up/down curbs and some stationary tricks but it's the most fun i've had in a while.  Also i love feeling myself get better at something, which is a feeling I haven't had in a while.  

But i'm in the city now and there's nearly a foot foot of snow on the ground  :(

Anybody ever try air travel with a board? Do you have to check it? Wondering what I can get away with, but I'm flying spirit and they charge you for everything

I usually take off the trucks and put those in a clear plastic bag in my back pack.

Rarely have any problems. The  ground crew usually give you hassle because it takes up a lot of overhead luggage space when assembled.

Or call spirit and ask em .. 

I'm 31, got back into it in the last year. Skated constantly from age 13-25. My body hurts regularly and I must admit I find it hard to keep my inspiration up at times. I just have fun at my own pace but the progression monster in me wants to push for more difficult tricks instead of just cruising. That's when the slams happen and I need time off work!

ive skated both stf and atf. ive really liked the atfs. soft on the knees. silent. they are skatable on ramps but it sticks way too much when you do turns. maybe it's a different experience for others. ive been skating the stfs. they are smooth and fast. the only downaide of bones is that their graphics are horrible. some dudes swear by spitfire classics but i don't get the appeal

dude bailed more tricks than he landed in that video

Yeah haha, his berrics clips were a little better. Most of his videos are kind of cool at first, but after a short while they get rather boring. 

they are skatable on ramps but it sticks way too much when you do turns. maybe it's a different experience for others.

I felt the same when I tried out my friend's wheels. Have you tried the spf's?

Yeah haha, his berrics clips were a little better. Most of his videos are kind of cool at first, but after a short while they get rather boring. 

I felt the same when I tried out my friend's wheels. Have you tried the spf's?

Just ATF and STF. 

Met up with a few friends to skate the other day.  I had sold my old element complete to one of em and he let me ride it for a bit and god damn i forgot how light element decks are.  i could ollie a good 3-5 in higher on that thing.  Next deck purchase will probably be from element

Met up with a few friends to skate the other day.  I had sold my old element complete to one of em and he let me ride it for a bit and god damn i forgot how light element decks are.  i could ollie a good 3-5 in higher on that thing.  Next deck purchase will probably be from element

lol