skateboarding saved my life

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't very street, but I hung out at the Smithsonian Museum of American History in DC this weekend for an event they staged around, primarily, Tony Hawk donating his first setup to the museum. IMO they did a pretty good job with both the event and the panels, which had Hawk and Rosney Mullen (who is getting a fellowship??) discussing innovation in skateboarding and Shawn Carboy, Brian Anderson, and others discussing footwear design. Plus a bunch of random pros skating a little ramp they set up in front of the museum.

Chris Haslam on the miniramp they set up:

6d76a266db6c11e2be2122000a9e08ba_7.jpg

for me the most frustrating thing with starting to skate a lot again is having lost all my pop.  nollie flips pretty much roll on the ground haha still having fun tho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Age 29. Back on my shit as of two weeks ago. Been 6-7 years or so. basically since this thread started. been Sessioning a parking lot where no one will see me ever while I get my self up to speed again. My pop is GONE. Dunno what the fuck happened. It's like my legs know what to do but they just can't do it. Also I have knees now. The fuck? Never even noticed them when I was younger.

After the 3rd time out I went and swapped out my spitfire classics for some rat bones reissues. 60mm; 85A. Add some risers and my old man swag in full effect. Next thing you know ill probably order a cruiser board. Really tho.

All that said I'm having a great time. Been catching up on who's who and what new companies have emerged and alla that shit. Gotta say I'm definitely impressed with the magenta boys. That whole squad has a style that reminds me of New York circa 93 in a way that somehow manages to feel fresh and original too. Leo Valls is a lot of fun to watch.

Ok that's it carry on.

no but I rode them, they hold up well unlike other spitfires, the 97 or the 99 A?

They only offer the 58mm in 101A I believe so they will be hard as hell!! haha

I just bought the Oj surfers on acid 58s which i really like

the matt hensleys are nice as well, I own both

Yea I've been tempted by OJs, but I am a die hard fan of the Classic Spitfire shape. Been skating them so long it's hard to switch to anything else. I tried some Bones SPFs and honestly didn't get all the hype for them.