skateboarding saved my life

Quote:

for me it was all about street skating downotwn torornto

commerce court, cbc, td building, courthouse, roy thompson

--- Original message by super_steve on Apr 2, 2006 08:39 AM

ditto, i loved those spots... cant forget the infamous bank behind the skydome (now rogers center)

I still go there once in a while, but im more about cruising around and keeping my flow, than trying tricks.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

there were a few eras of skating that experienced, but it took me a minute to get into it. The OG brigade crew back in late 80s...granted i was about four years old at the time, but my neighbor sent tony hawk a letter and got a reply from him. that was cool. 94-96 era too...love, first carsbad stuff, sf in its heyday. finally realized what i'd been missing around 98, got my first real skateboard, a birdhouse rick mccrank during his month or so stint on the team, and ive been with it ever since.

i super respect all you guys who have been in it since the days of gator, hosoi, etc...i only wish i was alive to remember it all.

BALDERDASH.

I skated up until I was about 14 or so but then I got into inline (OMG). However, I was chilling at my aunts house and i stole my cousins cheap little bored and I can still kick flip and shit so Im going to get into again. However, its been 8 years so I need recommendations on gear. Help me out dudes.

get any deck, some indys and spitfires and youre good.

i just fucking love skating. i finally learned 2 tricks yesterday that ive been wanting to learn for years, kf bs 5-0 and halfcab bs 5-0. its better than sex.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

rolling away from a trick is one of the most grattifying things i have ever experianced. Skateboarding has def saved my life in more then one way. From friends, to traveling to maturing me as a person, nothing beats rolling through the city at night.....hitting up your spot and getting down on a session.....nothing like it....now if only i could get some of this NW weather to fuckin stop raining i would be set

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

Quote:

better than sex?

i've been trying to land a switchstance 360 lingam in yoni to manual forever...

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Apr 4, 2006 08:48 AM

shit... i did that shit last week. footys coming out in the new vid.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

• 6 months later...
get any deck, some indys and spitfires and youre good.

i just fucking love skating. i finally learned 2 tricks yesterday that ive been wanting to learn for years, kf bs 5-0 and halfcab bs 5-0. its better than sex.

i skate every day, its pretty much my life

props on landing that cheapmuthafukr, half cab back five o's are hard as fuck

im working on my back tails as of late, i have em on curbs, but im having a hard time locking em on higher ledges

any tips?

has anyone seen the brian lotti video that just came out? the name of it escapes me right now, but those of you that know lotti from now n later will love this. just good footage of downtown la skating. ahhh, it was the first skate video i had seen in sometime and i could feel the love all over again. been skating almost everyday ever since.

I got into skating pretty late but Iit's a huge part of my life now. For this whole year I've been skating for hours and hours everynight, practicing and practicing my ass off and it's been such a good experience, gives me shit to do when i'm bored, it's awesome to get around with, and landing shit just is the best feeling.

the streets is where it is at for me. This new courthouse opened up, been skating there a bit.......5 perfect buttery ledges, a 10 stair high big four, a ton of small ledges and gaps and perfect brand new cement....

its the ninja sess type spot though.....gotta go at like 12-6am and its still sketch

Damn man...This shit takes me back a lil bit. I just bought a new setup not too long ago at autumn...alot hasn't changed, but the price of a complete sure as fuck has! Some memories:

-My first deck was from my grandfather, an old grey haired doctor out in SF who was busy scraping Pilots off the runway as they attempted to break the sound barrier. Story goes that he walked into the shop himself, said:"I need your finest board for my grandson" Fool gave him a sick Alva! There are pictures of me in the family photo album that christmas (I was 8) trying to ollie in the living room barefoot with no pants on...

-Then I took that shit to the block, and all the kids wanted to know why my board was so fat...Thus the skinny board and small wheel phenom began.

-Got my first skinny joint next time I was in the bay, it was an SMA slick (haha...slicks) that shit was heavy as fuck...I tried to break it While saving for a new one.

-Got harold hunter's first pro model for zoo york...Loved it and rode that fucker till it had zero pop. I spent countless hours in the street every afternoon and evening mastering the yellow metal curbs that NewYorkers know and love, and busting kickflips and half cabs over the sewer caps.

-they opened a park in newyork...I skated it as often as I coould, but never really got into it too tough...Why skate a park in this city if you don't like ramps. Started skating the Columbia campus alot...Good ledges and small sets of steps.

-Found graffitti at 12 and skated untill sixteen or so, when that shit just became all consuming and skating was no more.

-Now Harold is dead, I don't write on the regs, and I have a 9 to 5. Alot has changed in my life, but I still have my Element "skateboarding for life" hoodie, and a thick stack of Rusto's right next to my bedside in case of need. These two things have taught me more about how to approach the world than most anything else, and I love them both dearly for that.

I'm glad to see all these stories on here...keep that shit up.

started in 96 or 97. got a free beat up board, bought trucks and wheels and was addicted since. tore all my knee ligaments in feb 04 while snowboarding on a sick day. let's just say i had to make up a good story for that one to keep my job. it's been very mediocre since then. i am a bit fucked up now and wish i could skate. especially since i am a bit fucked up over a bad relationship at the moment and skatin works wonders for any problems and all that shit.

Anyway, i do remember the good days when NYC was good to skate and all the zoo pros used to be at the banks and various spots on saturdays.