what are you reading today?

almondcrush

THE%20FOUNTAINHEAD%20by%20Ayn%20Rand.jpg

new favorite book

+1

finally finished atlas shrugged the other day. not really a fan of the way she writes(not that my writing is remotely spectacular) but the ideas that come out of her books are delicious.

guersney_literary.jpg

a bit of war fiction right before life begins again is refreshing

9780061561795.jpg

alot of you may have read it already but check out aldous huxley's island. not nearly as good as brave new world in terms of almost everything literary, but despite the essentially nonexistant plot, the ideas in the story are really very fascinating. this book is very spiritual and enlightening but rarely preaching although there is quite a bit of long winded as well as technical dialogue.

is anyone reading freedom? seems like the entire mainstream literary world is nutting over it. i skimmed the exert in the times and like it. thoughts?

Just started this eric, and as you mentioned, part of me is reading it because I don't want to feel left out... of something. It's good so far, he really captures genuine emotions that human beings experience better than most American writers. If you liked The Corrections I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Also, an aside, did anyone hear that NPR piece with Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Weiner talking shit about Franzen? As if they can write a lick better than Franzen.