almondcrush

what are you reading today?

515Y95FAHHL._SS500_.jpg

just finished As I Lay Dying. What did I learn? I'm either not very smart, or Faulkner isn't.

also

13662916.JPG

to counter the left wing stuff that's jammed down my throat all week in school

I just finished Anathem.

There's something about Neal Stephenson's work that I just love. I don't even know anyone else who managed to read the whole Baroque Cycle, but I just eat this shit up.

I don't even know anyone else who managed to read the whole Baroque Cycle, but I just eat this shit up.

I managed to get through that. Managed being a key word. The series had some great parts, but Cryptonomicon (and everything prior) was much more readable. Will probably get Anathem during the holidays. Recommended?

I managed to get through that. Managed being a key word. The series had some great parts, but Cryptonomicon (and everything prior) was much more readable. Will probably get Anathem during the holidays. Recommended?

I enjoyed the Baroque Cycle but I would tend to agree that Cryptonomicon, Snow Crash and the Diamond Age were probably more readable. I liked Anathem a lot. I would recommend it without hesitation if you enjoy Stephenson's other work.

Just finished Kafka on the Shore. (i'm kinda going through most of the books in this thread) just started Less than Zero, then i will be readying House of Leaves (really excited about this one)

Hi, My apologies if there's a thread for this sort of thing.

Popping into town tomorrow and would like something new to read. I was wondering if there was any good books you guys would recommend? I'm open to anything.

Thanks

I think instead of just posting whatever you're reading... also tell us a little bit more from what you've read already...

HamOnRye.jpg

just got into bukowski

HamOnRye.jpg

just got into bukowski

women is the pinnacle.

im reading foster wallace - oblivion

and amis - money

then moving on to diaz - the breif wonderous life of oscar wao

and eventually delillo - underworld

Hi, My apologies if there's a thread for this sort of thing.

Popping into town tomorrow and would like something new to read. I was wondering if there was any good books you guys would recommend? I'm open to anything.

Thanks

boy a

lush life

falling man

those all came out in the last couple years and are really great.

on liberty

john stuart mill

just started

probably the thinnest volume in that whole jurisprudence shelf. but what a read. sharp and well thought out.

shantaram-small.jpg

Quite comparable to 'The Beach' by Alex Garland in the sense that every backpacker travelling in SE Aisa or India is probably reading this one now. Like an 'Incredible India' campaign on steroids!

The Alchemist - Paolo Coehlo

I reread this every other month... love this book