almondcrush

what are you reading today?

61edEnt01GL.jpg

Also just finished up Mishima's The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea, great read, one of my favourites of Mishima's so far.

book-little-prince.jpg

gotta step up my game and read the french version now 

9780679734505_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

finally revisiting this after pretending to read it in honors english in high school, enjoying it a lot!

Sartre_Nausea_1964.jpg

read it a couple of years ago and I think this second time won't be the last time

The-Mutt-Mullen-Rodney-9780060556181.jpg

my current bedtime reading: highly recommended if you're into autobiographies of unusual personalities

Edited by Frieda_Nietzsche

3423435758_4ae8d07b53.jpg

Had been putting this one off for the longest time even though it came so highly recommended from a friend. Already more than halfway through it after only a couple days.

Sartre_Nausea_1964.jpg

read it a couple of years ago and I think this second time won't be the last time

The-Mutt-Mullen-Rodney-9780060556181.jpg

my current bedtime reading: highly recommended if you're into autobiographies of unusual personalities

oh shit both of these seem very cool

Currently: electric_kool-aid.jpg

Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame.

A collection of Bukowski poems from the 70s, quite good if not a bit depressing as most Bukowski is.

RSg2Ndj.jpg

Read Colorless yesterday. I found it really toned-down compared to most of Murakami's work, reminding me of Norwegian Wood. It had some interesting themes, but overall it was a pretty depressing read and, in my opinion, too much was left unresolved.

Edited by dimmak

Many of his stories feel unresolved , i thought colourless was very boring and i was a bit dissapointed.

I liked Colorless a lot. In general though I'm a bigger fan of his more muted works like Norwegian Wood and even South of the Border, West of the Sun, which I never see people talk about.

I liked Colorless a lot. In general though I'm a bigger fan of his more muted works like Norwegian Wood and even South of the Border, West of the Sun, which I never see people talk about.

I thought it was going to be a another supernatural "banger" and set my expectations in accordance.

Also just finished Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki as well.  I didn't mind the ending, though I started to feel the rush about 50 pages from it.  After thinking on it for a few days, I actually like the ending and the openness about it.  I don't think a book necessarily has to answer all the questions it brings up.  Overall a good read for me, read it in 4 parts, and the first Murakami book I've finished.  Helped me get out of my no reading slump.

downtown_owl.large.jpg

haven't been reading much lately after my tear of like 3 books a week