what are you reading today?

almondcrush

About half way through and enjoying it; hopefully something more substantial begins to happen soon or I'll probably scrap it. Book reminds me of every NYC friend I have though I'll give it that.

Taipei-Tao-Lin.jpg

Edited by Littlest Senpai

howd you like black swan? i read it maybe three-four years ago and still seem to end up citing it in all types of conversation. i thought taleb fleshed out empirical skepticism very well

for class,

finishing forster's passage to india

starting hemingway's sun also rises

51VbqvGKEML.jpg

connecting greene's utilitarianism, or as he calls it "deep pragmatism" to factors preventing individuals from reaching kohlberg's highest stages, pretty fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

What I've finished since last post:

Dharma Bums - Kerouac ~ Had never gotten around to this novel of his and am glad I did. I personally really enjoyed it and it put me in the mood for spring camping

tumblr_m192t4MYIn1qaouh8o1_500.jpg

The Fall - Camus ~ Will probably need to re-read this. Didn't fully grasp it.

41HPHK72LTL.jpg

Wind Up Bird - Murakami ~ Loved this novel. So much in fact, it only took me 6 days to read it. But I was home sick from school so I had ample free time. 

41E4%2BfttDjL.jpg

Wind-Up Bird is one of my favorite books and my favorite Murakami novel.  So immersive.  Reading it gives me an almost dream-like feeling.

Recently picked up this book: 

821861.jpg

From the section on the wolf: "The devil bears the similitude of a wolf: he who is always looking over the human race with his evil eye, and darkly prowling round the sheepfolds of the faithful so that he may afflict and ruin their souls."

Edited by HGS

Wind-Up Bird is one of my favorite books and my favorite Murakami novel.  So immersive.  Reading it gives me an almost dream-like feeling.

821861.jpg

From the section on the wolf: "The devil bears the similitude of a wolf: he who is always looking over the human race with his evil eye, and darkly prowling round the sheepfolds of the faithful so that he may afflict and ruin their souls."

It was definitely a great read. I feel like all Murakami novels, or at least the ones I've read, leave with a bit of a dream like feeling. 

8NKqqWD.png

Yet another happy purchase from Trichome in Seattle. Bottom right issue has an excellent series of photos that illustrate a man's synaesthesia, and both issues I have are consistently interesting. 

This is great! Are you enjoying it??

Yes, I liked it very much.  The first half especially.  As someone batting illness, certain things really resonated with me.  He really articulated aspects of being sick that are hard to relate to other people.  Truly an excellent writer.

821861.jpg

holy fuck.  T.H White translated a bestiary? 

9780393240160_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG