what are you reading today?

almondcrush

Yo I'm Exactly one page into a hero ain't nothing but a sandwich and I'm pretty confident this is the best book I've ever read. If you can find a dime store copy in whatever shitty used books store you frequent, it's probably gonna blow your mind

I got a kindle last week and couldn't be happier! highly recommend getting around one.

thoroughly enjoying On The Road and really really liking Atlas Shrugged

also the above is next on my popular economics list. massive nerd but i have been loving reading almost non stop these last couple of weeks.

I had a ebook once but couldn't get used to it. Every new page would 'blink', and it broke the rhythm. Anyway, Kahneman's book is well worth the read and I really can't recommend it enough. His work with Tversky on decision making and cognitive biases was easily my favorite subject when studying engineering.

Noticed a few people on here reading1Q84. What do you all reckon? I found it rather slow and repetitive. Murakami also recycled Ushikawa from his previous works, which was annoying. But then again, the main characters are always pretty similar anyway. I much preferred Wind Up Bird.

@yaflathead I personally recommend 1984, Brave New World, Dark Rivers of the Heart, and The End of Eternity as they are some of my personal favorites. I also highly suggest getting a good HP Lovecraft compilation book. He's one of the only writers to ever creep me out.

I got a kindle last week and couldn't be happier! highly recommend getting around one.

thoroughly enjoying On The Road and really really liking Atlas Shrugged

fuck ya, glad you like it, definitely a good buy. i assume you've already read the fountainhead if you're digging dagny and company. which of the two do you prefer? also capitalism: the unknown ideal is a great collection of essays.

stuff i just got done with, loved em all

swamplandia.jpg

4929.jpg

Candide.jpg

Is swamplandia well written? I have heard the story is fantastic, but written rather poorly.