what are you reading today?

almondcrush

• 4 weeks later...

Sartre_Nausea_1964.jpg

read it a couple of years ago and I think this second time won't be the last time

The-Mutt-Mullen-Rodney-9780060556181.jpg

my current bedtime reading: highly recommended if you're into autobiographies of unusual personalities

oh shit both of these seem very cool

Read Colorless yesterday. I found it really toned-down compared to most of Murakami's work, reminding me of Norwegian Wood. It had some interesting themes, but overall it was a pretty depressing read and, in my opinion, too much was left unresolved.

Edited by dimmak

I liked Colorless a lot. In general though I'm a bigger fan of his more muted works like Norwegian Wood and even South of the Border, West of the Sun, which I never see people talk about.

I thought it was going to be a another supernatural "banger" and set my expectations in accordance.

Also just finished Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki as well.  I didn't mind the ending, though I started to feel the rush about 50 pages from it.  After thinking on it for a few days, I actually like the ending and the openness about it.  I don't think a book necessarily has to answer all the questions it brings up.  Overall a good read for me, read it in 4 parts, and the first Murakami book I've finished.  Helped me get out of my no reading slump.