what are you reading today?

almondcrush

fuck ya, glad you like it, definitely a good buy. i assume you've already read the fountainhead if you're digging dagny and company. which of the two do you prefer? also capitalism: the unknown ideal is a great collection of essays.

Potentially leaning towards atlas shrugged although I haven't made it to the galt speech yet, and that might be the tipping point....those essays are also on my list of things to read. too many good books not nearly enough hours in the day.

Potentially leaning towards atlas shrugged although I haven't made it to the galt speech yet, and that might be the tipping point....those essays are also on my list of things to read. too many good books not nearly enough hours in the day.

word, the speech is fantastic albeit a bit drawn-out at points. i feel you; reading the victorian era novels for class is seriously cutting in to personal reading time

• 2 weeks later...

finally finished Atlas Shrugged and even managed the Galt speech in one sitting. It’s a pretty amazing book, and rand certainly knows how to create an incredible world full of incredible characters. That being said I think she would have benefited from a stronger editor in actually tightening up the book somewhat, it feels like there is an immense amount of repetition of ideas/plot/text that most of the readership would be grasping early on and at times that repetition becomes seriously laborious. But that aside I thoroughly enjoyed it, now back to:

pMk6G.jpg

• 2 weeks later...