what are you reading today?

almondcrush

77287.jpg

I'm stunned that someone else has been reading this around the same time as me! Picked it up a few months back spur of the moment when I saw it on a 'recommended translations' table at the bookstore because I knew I'd never remember the author if I passed it up. Can't say I found it an enjoyable read necessarily given how bleak much of the content is, but it was still worth the effort it took to finish it. Certainly an insight into an unremittingly harsh way of life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Steve_Jobs_by_Walter_Isaacson.jpg

I can't decide if steve jobs is the most brilliant person or the most evil. I feel like he is an antagonist in my life, wearing that vaguely sinister black turtleneck, staring right into my soul with those unblinking eyes. popularizing the personal computer and other technologies which have come to dominate my life. I'm not all the way through but the things concerning his daughter are really inhuman almost. an enlightened being who is cruel? that's just evil man

• 2 weeks later...

Littlemike, I read The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes a few months back... It was an easy read that made me think a bit. The thing is that it's short, so it won't last a whole summer. Definitely enjoyed it though as I do most Man Booker winners (Except The Finkler Question. Didn't like that one.).

Edited by jonny

need to find a book for this summer. just not sure what, it's been so long since i've read a book for pleasure. want to read something that's going to make me think, but isn't a super tough philosophy esque reading...suggestions? lol.

The book i posted above this post

286489_2010022707030178.jpg

Just wrapped this one up today. Really enjoyed the central character's meditations and insights on life as a man heading towards middle age. Makes me think that a direction in life is not the most important thing but rather how you adapt to circumstances as they come at you.