what are you reading today?

almondcrush

if your just waiting for the hype to die or for his next novel to come out so people will hail that as the novel of the century and you wont feel so dirty reading an 'it' book, id say dont bother. id say read it now while its relevant. the further away the bush administration, the indie rock phenomenon, and the organic food explosion gets, the less pertinent its gonna seem. in fact, my only real beef with it is its such a snapshot of right now, or a couple years ago when he started writing it, that its really not gonna fare well as a classic.

Yeah, American Psycho is pretty good. Movie is decent as well. Christian Bale at his best. He's really gone south lately in his "blockbuster" roles. I liked him in american psycho, machinist, rescue dawn, and then hated him in the batmans(especially TDK) and terminator.

Just finished:

394535.jpg

Would rep. My favourite McCarthy (tentatively, until I get a chance to finish the border trilogy). A book I always imagine to be an "unfilmable" novel, but apparently a studio has snapped up the rights and discussion of the movie adaptation is underway.

Yeah, American Psycho is pretty good. Movie is decent as well. Christian Bale at his best. He's really gone south lately in his "blockbuster" roles. I liked him in american psycho, machinist, rescue dawn, and then hated him in the batmans(especially TDK) and terminator.

You should check out the Figher, he was amazing in that.

I don't know if you're serious or not... Woody is way too grinny to play the judge. That's a good question though. The Judge is one of the most memorable characters I have read in quite a while and I hadn't even given a thought to who might play him in a film. Let me get back to you.

I don't know if you're serious or not... Woody is way too grinny to play the judge. That's a good question though. The Judge is one of the most memorable characters I have read in quite a while and I hadn't even given a thought to who might play him in a film. Let me get back to you.

ha yeah totally not serious.

I can't really think of an actor that looks evil enough to play him. The Judge was one of the only characters in a book I actually dreaded the reappearance of from chapter to chapter.

Would rep. My favourite McCarthy (tentatively, until I get a chance to finish the border trilogy). A book I always imagine to be an "unfilmable" novel, but apparently a studio has snapped up the rights and discussion of the movie adaptation is underway.

Ha, thats funny a friend lent me this and said exactly the same thing (unfilmable and its his favourite mccarthy). I don't think I would like a movie made of this .. seeing the violence and grossness would be less effective than reading it.

That said, James Franco ftw

Ben Kingsley as the judge?

If you go less than zero first, follow with lunar park then imperial bedrooms. They all revolve around each other. Glamarama is my favorite, but it stands alone. Kill the trilogy first. Lunar park is pretty bugged out if you've got less than zero and pyscho under your belt.

I was reading less then zero for a while last night and then this morning at the gym, I'm at the part where Julian and the main character are at the hotel room with that businessman and he's going through his wallet looking for one of his dads cards.

I feel like shit :(

American psycho was sick but it had hilarious parts to even it out.

But im going to finish this, I just hope it mess up my perception of the world. I cant belive he was 18 when he wrote this.