what are you reading today?

almondcrush

I read about half of it then I googled the author and quickly put the book down.

Who wants to read a book that this guy wrote?

greg-roberts-2-again.jpg

haha word.

kind of makes me more interested though - im sure hes got a few interesting experiences to share. dude is a fucking unit and looks like hes been through some shit. some of the fight scenes he describes are even more worthwhile too.

id rather read a book about living in slums and chilling with bombay mafia written by these types than some yuppie living on upper east side

If you enjoy Hunger check out Growth Of The Soil. One of my favorite books.

i loved Hunger! i will definitely check out Growth of the Soil. although when i found out Hamsun was a nazi sympathizer, i felt kind of :(, but i like to think that the work should be viewed as separate from the artist (although this is often difficult). have you seen Hunger, the film? pretty interesting as well.

i loved Hunger! i will definitely check out Growth of the Soil. although when i found out Hamsun was a nazi sympathizer, i felt kind of :(, but i like to think that the work should be viewed as separate from the artist (although this is often difficult). have you seen Hunger, the film? pretty interesting as well.

I haven't. Will definitely have to check that out.

Most interesting coffee I've had in a while. An invention from my local gourmet coffee shop called a sparkling long black; ice cold sparkling mineral water with a double shot ristretto. Perfect for summer; refreshing and energising.

The book is pretty awesome too. Airport crime non-fiction about DEA efforts to shut down the worlds biggest MDMA syndicate operating out of Israel and the USA. Pretty interesting subject matter.

photopt.jpg

barthelme is amazing

how are you liking it?

enjoying it so far. have only read a couple of stories though. i will devote 100% attention once my finals are done. surprising how short his stories are. i mean i know it's a short story collection, but some of them are like 3 pages lol.

:rolleyes: way to keep it going...

it's either murakami, mccarthy (usually The Road / Blood Meridian), or delillo every 5 pages lol.