what are you reading today?

almondcrush

Haruki Murakami - The Windup Bird Chronicle

I finished this recently. Although I enjoyed it very much, I found parts of it to be incredibly lacking and I was pretty much really, really disappointed by the end of the book.....

I finished this recently. Although I enjoyed it very much, I found parts of it to be incredibly lacking and I was pretty much really, really disappointed by the end of the book.....

Cool. I hope I finish it before the new semester starts, when I can get back to serious reading.

Cool. I hope I finish it before the new semester starts, when I can get back to serious reading.

I finished it in something like... 4 days? That's how engaging it was, haha. I just wish there was a sequel. :mad:

I just finished "Hard-Boiled Wonderland & The End of the World" and I really liked that one, too.

the wind-up bird was far too long, with far too much filler.

different translator on hard-boiled wonderland, am i correct? perhaps that's part of the reason i prefer it to wind-up bird. it also feels like a more cohesive story -- as cohesive a story as we can get out of murakami, anyway.

Yeah, different translator with a very different style. I liked both quite a bit, actually.

Wind-Up Bird did have too much filler, but I actually wish it were longer... or more detailed, at least. ARGH!

the wind-up bird was far too long, with far too much filler.

different translator on hard-boiled wonderland, am i correct? perhaps that's part of the reason i prefer it to wind-up bird. it also feels like a more cohesive story -- as cohesive a story as we can get out of murakami, anyway.

Might not be my case - I'm reading it in Russian. I prefer reading non-English written books in Russian. So far it's engaging, but I'm only 75 pages in (have no time to read these days).

George Bataile's Acephale/The Story of the Eye

Huxley's Short Stories

Sarte's Exhistentialism is a Humanism

Christopher Wunderlee's Loony: a novella of epic proportions

and someone told me I was a Tartuffe and recommended I read more Moliere but i don't like reading plays. someone on superfuture.... someone who works at Denny's

• 3 months later...

just finished the sound and fury and the plague.

about to dive into anna karenina. ive gotta give myself a couple of days before i sink my teeth into it though. its like im preparing for a very long road trip.

i actually had a confession, my religion, and the kingdom of god is within us lined up next, but i couldnt find them at my school library (as expected) and have yet to visit my local library.