what are you reading today?

almondcrush

At the end of this month I'll be going to Austin, Texas for 6 weeks for a summer program. The topic will be Hollywood's representation of Africa, and I figure that I should read some books to gain some perspective.

0140281630.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

41A4F6VCDSL.jpg

I would also reccomend

0060541830.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just finished The Boat by Nam Le. One of the few Asian American works of literature that really impressed me. More than anything, though, The Boat is a display of Nam Le's virtuoso technical skill, although there are many affecting moments. Hopefully, he fulfills some of his boundless promise.

At the end of this month I'll be going to Austin, Texas for 6 weeks for a summer program. The topic will be Hollywood's representation of Africa, and I figure that I should read some books to gain some perspective.

I think my brother took this very course for the Plan II program a few years ago. He hated it.

My mom bought me For Whom the Bells Toll when she went to Hemingway's house earlier this year and I just finished it today. Overall I would say it was decent.... super easy read, something you could knock off in a couple of days. Biggest gripes were the dialogue between Robert and Maria, the bizarre english censorship and the over usage of 'que va' and other spanish terms.