Tanner Goods : Portland, Ore

M.O.A

Woodlands_082011_007.jpg?100130

The Danner Mountain Light Lownsdale is the first collaboration between two Portland, Oregon companies with a deep commitment to lasting quality: Danner and Tanner Goods. The Lownsdale is constructed of genuine Chromexcel leather, from the world famous Horween tannery in Chicago, and is the first of its kind to be created at the factory in Portland. Chromexcel is famous for its luxurious and unique pull-up character. Each hide takes roughly 28 days to be matured and ready for use, and develops an amazing patina with age and use.

The Lownsdale takes its name from Daniel H. Lownsdale, one of the founders of Portland, who established the city’s first tannery around 1845. Interestingly, its location is now the home of the Portland Timbers soccer (football if you’re true to the game) club. Anyone who knows us knows that when we root, we root for the Timbers.

Olive Chromexcel upper hand welted to Vibram flex 2061 outsole. Nickel eyelets. Gore-Tex® liner. Extra set of red laces provided with each pair. EE width.

Extremely limited production run.

Free shipping in the USA

Shop Danner for Tanner Goods boots.

Stumptown10.JPG

Read the Inventory Magazine feature with Matt Schnieder and Sam Huff.

where's it made in? how come it's all chinese workers? lol

btw, how's the sizing on these puppies?

100% hand crafted in Portland, Ore. Don't get it twisted, those are some of the happiest factory workers you will ever come across.

Danner is very very good to their employee's.

As far as sizing goes... Size down .5. (ie. if you are an 11, buy a 10.5)

The boots are a EE but the Mountain Light last is pretty narrow so it tends to even out.

100% hand crafted in Portland, Ore. Don't get it twisted, those are some of the happiest factory workers you will ever come across.

Danner is very very good to their employee's.

As far as sizing goes... Size down .5. (ie. if you are an 11, buy a 10.5)

The boots are a EE but the Mountain Light last is pretty narrow so it tends to even out.

lol, I'm jk about the Chinese workers, I understand that workers should be judged based on their skills and dedication rather than their background, I'm Chinese myself too...

I have a pair of RW875 10.5 EE w/ orthotic insoles and a pair of RW GT 10.5D

There's still room @ the toe for both of these...

I'm just thinking whether to go for 10.5 or 10

• 2 weeks later...

tie_clip_lifestyle_032.jpg.jpeg?100181

dispatch_header99.jpg.jpeg?100183

We try not to indulge in nostalgia for a variety of reasons, perhaps the most important of them being: It only looks better in the rearview mirror. However, we can honestly claim to feel a little wistful for a time when a tie was neither a statement nor a definition of one’s persona, but simply a necessary accessory. And while we’re glad to not be required to wear one on the daily, we do enjoy their presence in our wardrobe. To help accent those moments when a tie is the call, we offer the Tanner Goods Tie Clip. It can be modified based on your mood or your outfit: The central channel holds a strip of leather—each one comes with three colors of your choice—allowing you to either match back to a belt or shoes, or simply complement your outfit as you see fit. It looks equally at home without the leather as well. Like the Cast Silver Double Wrap Wristband, Beth Wagner cast it from .925 oz sterling silver in the same hallowed space. 2" x 1/4"

group_wristband.1.jpg.jpeg?100185

On its own, there’s nothing more satisfying than a simple thing done well. Sometimes, though, by bringing it together with another element that’s equally pure of purpose, something simple can be improved and enhanced. In this case, we took our Double Wrap Wristband, upgraded the leather to calfskin, and added a hand-cast sterling silver clasp. Together, they add a rich story to an already appealing piece. The clasp was designed and hand carved in wax by our own Tiandra (T-bucket, if you’re in the family), and cast from .925 oz sterling silver by Portland's Beth Wagner. Beth’s studio is located in the historic Willamette Building, a location well known for its special role in the jewelry world of Portland. While Portland may not be Antwerp, the Willamette Building has historically been our Diamond District, and is home to some of Portland’s few remaining old-school jewelers, and those who are committed to learning from them. The bracelet features waxed linen thread lashing to hold the clasp in place, and is available in these combination's: Black/Natural, Saddle Tan/Black and Cognac/Natural

Both the Cast Silver Double Wrap Wristband and Tie Clip are available at our Tanner Goods flagship store, as well as online at www.tannergoods.com

• 3 weeks later...
yes as is the bifold wallet.

We have lots of new product to release, we're just waiting on a large order of leather from Horween.

Can you comment on how the bifold is going to be updated? I plan on ordering one soon and am curious in case I like the current one better.

• 2 weeks later...

Would Obenauf's heady duty LP be overkill for my natural Tanner Goods belt? I also have some random leather conditioner and Danier Leather Care Lotion (no idea what's in it).

Also, for anyone who's seen both leather's in person, which would better match a pair of amber Iron Rangers, Havana, Cognac or Mahogany?

tumblr_lubokoLUeI1qgfl0f

vol.4_header.1.jpg.jpeg?100198

No doubt there was a time when the best bag for the occasion was the one you had. It made things simple, and eliminated a lot of thinking. However, we are big fans of closely considering how, and with what, we carry things from one place to the next, especially since it might mean we’re heading out on an adventure, if only a small one (food cart bahn mi anyone?). We have long liked the idea of a portfolio style bag, but we wanted something a little more flexible. Our tinkering led us here: The Roll Tote. Part oversize travel satchel, part media carry, this piece is large in volume but slim in profile, making it ideal for transporting files, drawings, select oversize books, or more standard bulky-but-light fare like fall sweaters. The shoulder strap construction allows for the bag to be rolled up, and secured with its own straps, making it perfect for stashing in a suitcase or duffel when you are, indeed, heading off on legitimate adventures.

three_up_rolled.jpg.jpeg?100200

The Roll Tote is a partnership with our friends at Tellason in San Francisco, who are equally as concerned with having the right bag for the task as we are. They did the cutting and sewing, and we did all the leatherwork. It’s like peanut butter and chocolate around here. Available in three fabrics: 12.5 oz. denim (the primary denim used by Tellason in their jeans) with Saddle Tan leather; deadstock 10.5 oz. brown cotton duckfrom Graniteville Mills with Havana leather; and 19 oz. black waxed canvas with black leather. Dual brass zippers on main closure; interior zippered pocket.Overall dimensions: 22.25” x 16.25”.

black_inside.jpg.jpeg?100202