Tanner Goods : Portland, Ore

M.O.A

I was about to buy a natural & brass belt, but also wanted a braclet and lanyard. I asked about getting brass hardware on those as well, but haven't got a response to my email I sent a couple days ago.

Am I the only one that thinks brass looks better with worn leather than nickel and more silver colored metals? I also like the way it tarnishes.

i'm sure they don't do anything but the nickel hardwear for the snaps, hooks, ect.

but i agree with your statement on how brass tarnishes really well.

as far as a belt is concerned, i'd suggest you go with what you want.

the hardwear does not have to match perfectly to look good.

it's all in how you wear it that gives you a unique look that is your own. that's always the best.

well i can tell you as far as the sizing for a belt. the pictures are all here, i've even posted a few. and the quality for the price is unquestionably great. their products can last you a lifetime. like i've said, if you are looking for more of an explanation read through the whole thread.

TG messures their belts to the center hole. So when you buy a size 32 belt it is 32" from the buckle end of the belt to the center hole. (There are five punched holes in their belt, the third one is the middle) You'd basicly buy your waist size in a jean. I buy a size 32 belt from TG because my jean messures to 32" when measured flat. You want your belt to buckle to the center hole because that is the cleanest and most symmetrical look. is that clear enough of an explanation, Pizza_Dough ?

Our belts are actually measured to the first hole. So on a size 32 belt, the first hole is 32 inches, second hole is 33 inches, middle hole is 34 and so on and so forth.

Yep just finished reading thanks, although i think the concensus is that the 32 belt is 32 inches to the tightest hole, so 34 to the middle and 36 to the losses hole right?

Also, and pics of 13oz belt? i really like the gold leather and black hardware one but wondering what the difference will be with the golden as it ages opposed to natural? also id like to get a belt and wallet matching. but with the golden leather and black harware i cant really match the wallet or lanyarrd right?

lastly, is the 13oz guna be like uncomfortable to wear? or really rough on the pants? i imagine it being really rigid and wearing the jeans a bit or is that why its conditioned to start?

thanks all!!!

13oz belt is definitely a beast in its own right but it certainly isn't uncomfortable to wear. If this is your first time purchasing a Tanner Goods product, I would recommend just starting off with the natural belt.

The Golden 13 oz belts definitely patina and age with the best of em :)

does the 13oz belt stretch much?

My current belt measures 33 at the hole I use but I got a 32 to account for stretching. now I'm wondering if it'll be too small.

I think you will be fine.

thank you sir, I just emailed them! It says 2 weeks to process so it shouldn't be too late I think.

Did you get a response?

Hey just wanted to double check. So im about to order a lanyard, bifold, and standard belt in natural. Im a 32 waist so i should order a 30 belt cause the small hole it 30 and the middle is 32 and itll strech so i may need to move a whole closer in. correct?

I think a lot of has to be with how high you are going to wear the belt. remember the measurement on the belt is different than the measurement on your pants. Typically, buying the same size measurement as your waist is the way to go BUT buying one size larger than your pants size is also the way to go. They are the same thing essentially... Email me, or PM if you need more help with sizing.

i don't know man . . . i'm a 32" waist as well and i ordered a belt in a size 32

that fit absolutely perfect for me & don't worry about it streching a full inch

honestly for the best advice email mike - [email protected] or [email protected]

YUP- do it

or shoot him a PM, he is online..

he is that M.O.A fellow : )

some more great advice. Don't forget, we allow exchanges for incorrectly purchased sizes up to 14 days from the day you receive you Tanner Goods order in the mail.

I was about to buy a natural & brass belt, but also wanted a braclet and lanyard. I asked about getting brass hardware on those as well, but haven't got a response to my email I sent a couple days ago.

Am I the only one that thinks brass looks better with worn leather than nickel and more silver colored metals? I also like the way it tarnishes.

Sorry, we only have Nickel hardware for the accessories. It will be a bit until we can add other hardware choices to the mix.

I did realize that by the time he responded with the correction.

off the the top of my head I was certin that's how TG messured their belt..

guess it was another manufacture i thought of :s

Our belts are actually measured to the first hole. So on a size 32 belt, the first hole is 32 inches, second hole is 33 inches, middle hole is 34 and so on and so forth.

oh wow, I had no idea that was how it is measured. The 32 should be perfect then. I'll email again to let them know.:o

(Note I haven't gotten a response yet)

Did you get a response?

yeah, i apologize i did not make clear that my first post on sizing was wrong

i'm glad that everything worked out in the end

enjoy your belt

oh wow, I had no idea that was how it is measured. The 32 should be perfect then. I'll email again to let them know.:o

(Note I haven't gotten a response yet)

So i placed my order. But meant to order a 32 belt instead..... I added the 32 and removed the wrong one from my cart i guess...

wat shoudl i do? who's best to contact?

Screenshot2011-06-17at50643PM.png

Blurred out my order number just incase, dont think its really a big deal but i have it if that helps.

Heh, i'd rather get TG merchandise in return ;)

but in all seriousness, i figure helping people is what i should do

keep up the great work! i'll be back to purchase more soon enough

thanks. We're gonna have to put you on the payroll (10)

I emailed the questions email on friday and no response as of yet. im hoping they get back to me later today. its really only noon there so they are prob just getting started right? I'm so stoked for my stuffff!!!!!!!!