Tanner Goods : Portland, Ore

M.O.A

looking at getting one of these fine crafted american made belts... particularly their standard belt.

my waist is 33-34 and i've read their belts are cut 2" longer from where the leather folds around the buckle to the center hole. so the 34" belt's center hole would be 36 inches long. my current belt is a bit too long, lost some weight and continuing to do so, and the tightest hole is approximately 36.5" and it could really be a half inch tighter/shorter.

so i am grappling with whether to order a 36" or the 34" size belt because i assume after break-in the leather stiffness will subside and that the 36" could fit me closer to my current belt.

I think you should go with a 34 @909

To everyone else,

Would anyone be interested in a Tanner Goods : Leather Care kit? Tanner Goods Conditioning Oil and a device for adding additional holes to your old belts + a small block of wax for edging?

let me know what you think. We've been throwing around this idea for a bit.

To everyone else,

Would anyone be interested in a Tanner Goods : Leather Care kit? Tanner Goods Conditioning Oil and a device for adding additional holes to your old belts + a small block of wax for edging?

I think it's a great idea!!

To everyone else,

I would be really into this, i bought my belt little big, and have surprisingly been loosing weight so that i am now on the last hole and its to big, the additional hole thing would be sick

how about some aged examples on the website?

i think that the leather care kit is a good idea too... as long as its a reasonable price.

We're working up a promo to do to coincide with that. There will be a gallery section up on the site with pics submitted from all you guys.

more info coming soon...

i can't decide weather to get a tan or natural wallet...

Go with natural. It's way more fun to see it start there, and become naturally tan.

Mike -

I recently bought a bifold wallet from you guys. what is the warranty on the wallets? its not a big problem, but i just dont want it to be in the future but there is a small part of the thread that came loose.

Snap a picture of it and email it to me.

picked up a workman wallet and tether, both in natural, today from tg's storefront the woodlands. with my new pair of ande whall's in the mail i thought it would be fun to have a new wallet to go with them. here's some detail pics i took comparing them (both brand new) to my cardholder, also in natural untreated leather, that i've had for 7 months. can't wait to see the workman and tether age together.

4800105703_3ff97f7ef4.jpg

4800105199_3efc38a9b6.jpg

4800737640_6212f7ae5f.jpg

4800103443_4a5dc7be67.jpg

Does anybody else have problems with their bifold wallet destroying their credit cards?

I'm on my 4th replacement card in the past two years; the first two failed because the mag stripe was getting worn. I switched to the chip cards, and now I've had to replace my card twice because of chip errors.

I've tried placing the cards in different slots, putting other cards behind them, putting them in a slot without any other cards, etc. but the problem persists.

I sit on my wallet (right rear pocket), so I keep it pretty trim.

The wallet in question:

img1997p.jpg

img1998e.jpg

The card in question (top right, but same problem in bottom right slot):

img1999j.jpg

I don't want to have to switch wallets, but if I have to keep replacing my cards then I might not have a choice...

The cards could certainly be damaged via some other means also, but if they spend most of their time in your wallet, which in turn spends most of it's time in your pocket and you aren't accidentaly exposing them to some kind of electromagnetism, maybe it is the wallet.

IMO, placing balme on the wallet, however, seems weird.

My turn for a question:

Anybody know what the present turn around time for a Natural Card Holder is? Cheers.