Tanner Goods : Portland, Ore

M.O.A

Where to cop a bag like ThisSundays?

The Landscape and Portrait bags are no longer available. We've taken them out of production until our new bags release later this year.

Sorry.... you guys will freak out when you see what we're working on.

Anyone have any info (aka evo pics) on either of the lanyards in natural? Anyone have a workman's wallet? Pics, pics, pics please!

Not a lanyard picture but here was my tether at less than a year old (next to a new double wrap bracelet)... it's darkened quite a bit since then.

_mg_1320.jpg

photo.jpg?1274826130

One of our newest Tanner Goods customers, Jordana sent me a very moving email a few days ago. She wanted to share the story behind her fathers belt buckle. While searching for a new belt she found that the Standard belt in Natural was the ideal vessel to continue his legacy in the physical world.

"The buckle is brass, and my Dad had it custom made sometime in the mid-to late 70's in New York City, where we lived. The buckle has stamped in the back, "Hector Jorge Creations New York." My Dad had the buckle made to match a heavy silver ring he'd bought in Mexico in '74, and that he wore every day on the middle finger of his left hand as his rebel interpretation of a wedding ring. My father gave me this buckle some years ago when he finally stopped wearing jeans and cowboy boots and a chambray shirt any day he was not at work. I plan to wear this buckle with the Tanner belt and have it age in remembrance of my father's cowboy heart."

A simple gesture which easily tugged at my heart-strings.

To Jordana and her whole family, the very best wishes from the whole team here at Tanner Goods.

UNIONMADE-TOOLED-1.jpg?1274826138

"A few weeks back Mike and I made a trip down to San Francisco, and had a chance to visit one of our favorite TG retailers, Union Made. Aside from stocking some stellar labels, the shop itself has a really inviting, friendly vibe thanks in part to the two gentleman running things - Todd and Aaron. We wanted to leave something special behind for the guys, and thought our very first hand-tooled belt would be the perfect gift.

Cut from our 10/11 oz. Natural, we went with a traditional floral pattern surrounding their UNION MADE namesake. We rubbed in a Sheridan colored dye to give it a nice tint and really draw out the detail of the tooling. Here's a few more pics of the finished product..."

UNIONMADE-TOOLED-2.jpg?1274826138

UNIONMADE-TOOLED-3.jpg?1274826138

UNIONMADE-TOOLED-4.jpg?1274826138

anybody know how long to expect to wait for a tanner belt. Its been 15 days and ive heard nothing but the original conformation email

Hmm, that seems kinda long. I only had to wait about a week-ish. But then again, I live in the bay area, so it's not too far off from Oregon.

We've been extremely busy guys. Sincerest apologies about any delays in your order. We're working on moving into a new studio space in the next few months to increase our production efficiency.

Until then you'll just have to be patient. Mark and Sam can only make so many belts everyday without their arms falling off.

If you are worried or interested in your order please send me an email to [email protected] along with your order number. I'll be able to assist you better that way.

Kix will you guys ever do belts like that (handcarved with custom text engraving) for a custom order? Not in the market right now but down the line, probably within a year.

I don't know if we'll be doing custom orders in terms of lettering but we very well may.

We'll definitely be releasing the Hand Tooled belts in some limited capacity in the not too distant future. Keep your eyes peeled :)

We've been extremely busy guys. Sincerest apologies about any delays in your order. We're working on moving into a new studio space in the next few months to increase our production efficiency.

Until then you'll just have to be patient. Mark and Sam can only make so many belts everyday without their arms falling off.

If you are worried or interested in your order please send me an email to [email protected] along with your order number. I'll be able to assist you better that way.

no problems with waiting for a high quality product, good luck moving to the new space

no problems with waiting for a high quality product, good luck moving to the new space

yup DEFINITELY high quality. My friends don't understand the difference between buying quality products and buying something senselessly expensive . One of them made a stupid remark saying that 80% of the price for my belt was for the brand name. Don't hate on his ignorance..

Those of you who are interested in some new wallets and limited products (including a size run of Hand Tooled Belts) should come through the Durable Goods show Meet Your Maker in San Francisco.

We'll also be throwing a party at Union Made along with a few of our close friends but you gotta come by the show to get an invite...

details to come next week.