when did this place turn into the jcrew outlet mall with a mix of half-off workwear?

kunk75

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear J.Crew because I'm Caucasian, summer on cape cod, and have a cousin named Muffy. Plus seersucker feels like rubbing angel food cake on my body.

Can't speak for anyone else.

Also, gothninja got murdered in the recession.

Now Uniqlo is god and Red Wings are the new Julius Army Boots are the new Clarks are the new Dunks are the new Boat Shoes are the new Red Wings.

Dontyougetit?

Want to rep badly for seersucker comment.

It's not a progessive forum anymore, it's regressive. The ridiculous cosplay look some of the sz types cultivated was too much of a caricature for a lot of people, plus the cost aspect turned people off of wanting to look like some sort of extra in a live action final fantasy movie. Shit got played out (if you read/heard "goth ninja" anywhere outside of the internet, that's a sign).

Somehow people latched onto the idea of now spending large sums of money on denim that has all the attention to fit that you'd get shopping at K-Mart. Or they'll dress like they spend 9 months on a fishing trawler. Immaculately-kept workwear is just as stupid as hypeninjagothbeast.

The connection between superfashion and either waywt thread is weak at best these days. Worm got shit for changing his look drastically and quickly a few years ago, but it's a lot more interesting than a dozen consecutive, interchangeable chambray/chino posts.

I ain't mad that gothninja is dead

I wanna see more timeless clothing and less trends

I'm seeing this jcrew/llbean shit in the skreets as well alotta dudes jumping on the workwear bandwagon

ya'll seen how jkissi switched his style up?

xD

It's not a progessive forum anymore, it's regressive. The ridiculous cosplay look some of the sz types cultivated was too much of a caricature for a lot of people, plus the cost aspect turned people off of wanting to look like some sort of extra in a live action final fantasy movie. Shit got played out (if you read/heard "goth ninja" anywhere outside of the internet, that's a sign).

Somehow people latched onto the idea of now spending large sums of money on denim that has all the attention to fit that you'd get shopping at K-Mart. Or they'll dress like they spend 9 months on a fishing trawler. Immaculately-kept workwear is just as stupid as hypeninjagothbeast.

The connection between superfashion and either waywt thread is weak at best these days. Worm got shit for changing his look drastically and quickly a few years ago, but it's a lot more interesting than a dozen consecutive, interchangeable chambray/chino posts.

for what its worth, i think the people that were doing interesting things are still doing interesting things, i understand what you are saying though.

you should post more waywts, by the way

i think this sums it up. i ignore waywt because i can this stuff on construction sites and at lacrosse games.

i think this sums it up. i ignore waywt because i can this stuff on construction sites and at lacrosse games.

its a vicious cycle.

when steezy dudes like kunk realize how shitty waywt is, they stop posting fits.

then when other steezy dudes realize that no one else is really posting fits and that waywt has turned to shit, then they stop posting.

and on, and on, and on...

goddamnit crillz come back :(

Complaining about waywt is the old complaining about waywt is the old complaining about waywt etc.

No one has ever been happy about it. That's just how it has been. I don't think it's that bad. To me waywt has always been about the rare poster like Still or Mellowfellow who puts out something that looks awesome, and everything else doesn't matter.