Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing Center

technicolor

I was thinking I wanted a place I can post photographs of my Deck Jackets and Pea Coats and discuss them. Then I realized that all the Vintage/Vintage Inpired/Work Wear/Military Clothing related threads all had specifics topics.

I want this thread to be the GO TO place for all Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing related talk and and the "Home Base" for all other threads related to this topic. I'll kick off the thread with a small selection of threads I have found. Hopefully soon I'll be able to contribute some of my own photographs. Feel free to Private Message me any links or information you would like to add to this thread. Lets discuss!

Work Wear Threads:

Some Cool, Distressed Denim

Workshirts

Vintage Work Wear

Warehouse Duckdiggers

Tin House / Old Town

Levis Vintage Collection

Dungaree Cut Denim

Vintage Workwear/ e-Eworkers.net

Kapital Jeans

Chore Coats

Stevenson Overall Company #1 Stevenson Overall Company #2

Post O'alls

Hellers Cafe for Warehouse

Overalls

Denim Coveralls

Railroad Jackets

Sugar Cane Denim

Stronghold Denim

Shoes That Look Better With Age

Leepro Appreciation Thread

Military Clothing/ Military Inspired Clothing Threads:

Mister Freedom

The Flight Jacket Thread

Military Use of Blue Denim

Buzz Rickson

WWII Tent Fabric Trousers

Vintage Threads:

Vintage Sweatshirts

Suspenders- Who Rocks Them?

Vintage Glasses

LLBean Bean Boots

Vintage Clothing Experts- Insight Needed (Short discussion on Wabash Fabric)

Thanks to jhxkcd, and Cotton Duck for contributing.

Maybe add this one to the list:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=63273

(vintage glasses)

overall, good idea.

Let's see some N-1's

I pray to the Lord we get a ton of N-1's in this thread. Basically my all time favorite jacket.

Too bad so few seem interested. I mean, shitload of denim fans, and no one likes carpenter pants?

I think brands like Mister Freedom will be bringing true vintage inspired denim to the eyes of more of our denim loving brethren.

Cotton thank you for all those threads! I tried to add them as quickly as I could on my lunch break.

Recent ebay find. Fair conditional, zip bust, label missing but definitely wearable and was cheap. I'll try and get some proper fit pics up tomorrow.

3484165800_488d14d6f4.jpg

btw - great idea, basically a collection of my favorite threads on SuFu - nice.

Recent ebay find. Fair conditional, zip bust, label missing but definitely wearable and was cheap. I'll try and get some proper fit pics up tomorrow.

3484165800_488d14d6f4.jpg

btw - great idea, basically a collection of my favorite threads on SuFu - nice.

Hawt dang! How much?

Guest Arcarsenal

technicolor, do you know of any good places to hunt for vintage workwear/military stuff around Chicago? I've looked at a lot of the shops around Belmont and some in Wicker Park, but I know I have to be missing some better places.

technicolor, do you know of any good places to hunt for vintage workwear/military stuff around Chicago? I've looked at a lot of the shops around Belmont and some in Wicker Park, but I know I have to be missing some better places.

I've got a list somewhere.. I've yet to find one that satisfies my Military garment needs. Although I have some ideas. I'll keep you posted.

I've been wanting to make a road trip to a few old Naval Base towns (Old Ports) to check out vintage and used clothing stores. If anyone has any they know of be sure to post information about them here. Maybe I'll see them all!

That N-1 looks great! Definitely one of the more fashionable military cuts. I really wish I could find a small one vintage, the Buzz Ricksons are waaaay out of my price range for repro.

This cat was selling a Spiewak version of it in navy. Would have definitely considered it if I didn't just get one this winter. I was actually looking at Spiewak for one, but the Buzz Rickson I found on ebay was discounted a bit, so I opted for that one.

I recently picked up this wonderful (Yet dirty and in need to repairs) example of a World War II era P-Coat from Garden Valley, California.

There are a few buttons loose on the right hand side of the jacket, a button hole that is torn a bit, and a pocket that has some nicking. I think the jacket is in amazing condition. So I decided as soon as I rolled out of bed I would shoot a few photographs.

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

here is a link to the obituary of ben davis.

paul send me the link today and it was send to him by Brian Pearson, who's a descendant of the Neustadter brothers. i wanted to share it. some intersting infos here.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/19/BA5U15VP16.DTL

^ United Soccer Leagues!

Other than that my actual first guess as to what it stands for was completely inappropriate.

Nice N-1's everyone. Damn they look good. Has anyone ever run into an ultra rare vintage Navy colored N-1?

My N-1, Just picked it up. Nice wear and tear. Rip on the right arm but I love it. Does anyone know what the USL stands for?

*snip snip*

what are those pants man?? awesome stuff

^ United Soccer Leagues!

Other than that my actual first guess as to what it stands for was completely inappropriate.

Nice N-1's everyone. Damn they look good. Has anyone ever run into an ultra rare vintage Navy colored N-1?

there was one up on ebay a while back, not only navy but hook front.

Just got an Eastman B-2 Winter Flight Cap

IMG_3230.jpg

And a Buzz Rickson's USN Watch Cap

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

The watch cap is super different feeling than any cap this style I have handled. Very sturdy, not itchy despite being 100% wool.

Where'd you buy the buzz watch cap from B-Dawg?

Had it sent to a friend in London from Eastman, then he sent it to me. It is far cheaper there than History Preservation, and I also avoided customs.

here are some photos of the peacoat my dad passed down to me. he served in vietnam. the coat was hanging in the closet in the house i grew up in all my life. no special care was given to it. despite the fact that it's around 35 years old, it it in PRISTINE condition (any flecks or marks in photos are from the camera or incidental lint). i couldn't imagine a better fit either, which must say something about genetics...

(color is most accurate in the fit pics at bottom - somewhere between 1st & 2nd pics)

3547585144_60928e8063.jpg?v=0

3546777381_cbf4996d61.jpg?v=0

3547585174_dd642c75a4.jpg?v=0

tag:

3547585238_d655be4b48.jpg?v=0

button:

3546777361_1efe5976c3.jpg?v=0

pocket lining (soft flannel):

3546777299_ec51dfcd49.jpg?v=0

fit pic (unbuttoned) + patch closeup:

3547585198_cf900d8470.jpg?v=0

fit pics (buttoned):

3547585122_256168b3d7.jpg?v=0

up for sale in the supermarket.

....JUST KIDDING.

Haha, I was about to say, that's a great piece to have had in the family.

Picked this up last week. Obviously not my pics, just a cheap chore jacket

pretty big collar, purchase was inspired by someone in the chore jacket thread

img55607925.jpg