Left Field Jeans

scotty2

I'd love to see fit pics of the greaser jeans, if you can be bothered

sorry for the delay.

here's a shot of my greasers after a week. the light makes them look far more faded than they are. the fit is true.

gonna chainstitch these shortly. thought i'd rock the double cuff greaser look for a bit in honor of the name and cut. i'm a big fan of these. gonna be a great weight for summer.

tumblr_m0k25v5ONY1r5amw7o1_1280.jpg

For some reason, i thought the craft carried left field clothes.

Ooops. Shit that sucks.

and craft is closed too. :(

I love the fit of the greasers. they look perfect.

at $175, cone mills broken twill 12.5oz denim, WWII laurel leaf donut fly buttons, bandana pocket bags, 100% made in the US, these are some of the best value i've seen on a pair of jeans.

a new narrow low rise fit. more info in the selvedge duck contest thread.

I just had a look again at Chris's post to understand his nomenclature.

So it seems:

Greaser- basic slim straight 5 pocket jean, slightly higher rise

Chelsea- a narrower fit, lower rise 5 pocket jean

Miner- current fit Chinos; as I understood it the next run of these that will be released has been updated with a little slimmer cut; it will be made more of workwear fabrics

Kerouac- lower rise Chinos; in the next release (in April) will be Japanese millitary twill only and then mostly fashion fabrics going forward.

Edited by indigoeagle

Miner- current fit Chinos; as I understood it the next run of these that will be released has been updated with a little slimmer cut; it will be made more of workwear fabrics

Yeah, more Cone duck … including traditional brown with blackline selvedge.

I wonder how the chino will change to a miner work pants.

Yeah, more Cone duck … including traditional brown with blackline selvedge.

I wonder how the chino will change to a miner work pants.

I think the chino will not change. I think he calls the current chino cut miner. Probably because it's a bit wider and made from rougher fabric like duck.

^

The Miner will be more workwear fabrics but as I mentioned the leg is a little slimmer for spring.

So it is changing a bit. Here's to hoping it's slimmed down enough to not look silly on me! (And, shamelessly, that a pair in my size winds up in the "seconds" bin)

Edited by dkatz

^

So it is changing a bit. Here's to hoping it's slimmed down enough to not look silly on me! (And, shamelessly, that a pair in my size winds up in the "seconds" bin)

Yeah, it seems the new release of the Chinos will be a bit slimmer but basically the same style, not like one might imagine with the name miner with big side pockets or suspender buttons or whatever.

re-read christian's posts from the contest thread again.

so just to clear things up, the fit of the current contest pairs is called the miner fit, but next season he will be making them a tad slimmer? also understand from the post that the new run is going to be a navy weft on an indigo warp as opposed to the indigo warp x indigo weft? someone correct me if im wrong.

re-read christian's posts from the contest thread again.

so just to clear things up, the fit of the current contest pairs is called the miner fit, but next season he will be making them a tad slimmer? also understand from the post that the new run is going to be a navy weft on an indigo warp as opposed to the indigo warp x indigo weft? someone correct me if im wrong.

Would blue on blue look essentially the same?

hey ran, the way i read it (in two different posts), he will make the next run (currently in production) in indigo x indigo from fabric he has stockpiled but cone mills next run will be indigo x navy (a step down from cone in my opinion).

Edited by lance

I know they're for the Fall, but I hope they show 'em off on the blog soon.

Goominim: they would essentially look the same during the initial stages when new but will wear down and look different.

Lance: thanks for the clarification, if it is true that the next run will be indigo x indigo with a slimmer leg, these are definitely on my radar. can't wait!