Raw for Women

Becks23

she cant fit the womens cuts because she needs 11.5" thighs. im guessing youre athletic? or just curvy lol

Yep i lift weights.

men's denim also seems to have options in the cheaper price range, and I didn't want to drop more than $150 on a pair of jeans if they're only going to fit so-so. i also can't really find any to try on. already got the folks at the local barney's to agree to give me a call if they get in any women's raw jeans, but nothing at the moment

muscat_gummy you could try asking about variation in cut. I have a similar man-problem with my natural physique. Never bought anything from Kiya but Gordon is pretty damn cool about checking the thigh variation of his inventory for me, and I'm sure Kiya would be just as willing to help with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Close up shot of the womens Viper 002 brown denim. 100% cotton non-stretch raw non-selvedge. They still have all the Railcar details such as chain stitch bottom hem, continuous tucked waistband chain stitching, "r" fly stitching, washer riveting, raw leather burn brand patch, ect.... These pictures seems to look true to color. Great unique color denim. We made our last run on them so we will not be producing these any more. Available on our site for only 159USD.

viper00203.jpg

viper00201.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest INDIGO QUEEN

Raw jeans for women are great - but try to find them living on the Uzk??

English women are married to disgusting jeggongs and stretch one wash.

This year I had one bad experience but I spent most of 2010 at the Post Office paying hundreds of pounds to return online purchases that didn't fit!!!

Now I go custom - then I get to choose what I want to wear.

You guys in the US or Sweden don't know how lucky you are.

And weight wise - anything over about 10oz would be used for men's jeans.

The top end of British mens clothing is the best in the world - high street fashion sucks!

I keep my wardrobe just to what fits and what I like whereas most English girls have a jumble sale going on in their closets!!!But it's hard to say goodbye to old friends - my worn clothes are Very worn when pensioned off!!

I vote raw for women in England!!!

IQ:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I tried on the weird guys and some apc petit standards and they were both waaaay too roomy in the back waist when the thighs and hips were tight. very sad because there were those fade to red weird guys for $120.

i guess my problem with waists on jeans in general isn't the total size but how curvy they're cut in the back/the shape. the waist can be super tight around the front and sides but still gape in the back. :(

Naked & Famous has a new women's line which is relaunching for FW12. You may like the Straight Stretch Selvedge.

• 3 weeks later...

Resurrecting this thread. I've gone through about half of it, then my attention span ran out. Looking to get my first pair of raw. Looking to spend 200ish. Under 200 even better. Skinny slim fit. Good fade. 100% cotton or blend, doesn't matter. Not picky on selvedge or not. 5'3 105 or so. Not much in the way of curves. Specs for most my jeans are ~28 measured waist but that's w a lower rise.

Need some recs. So far what stands out are pbjs, RFG vipers 001 and APC PS. Looks like I may be able to try on the APCs. I'm not opposed to a slouchier fit, digging the way the vipers look but I also like skinny skinnies. I hate not being able to try on :/

^Agreed. I got to page 4, then ADD kicked in so jumped to the last.

We're thinking of producing a raw womens fit. i'd be keen to hear any feedback positive and negative on what's currently available, and which fit characteristics are desirable...

now back to page 5...

^^ I'd recommend PBJ's, considering ur height/weight combo and your stated less curvy figure. APC PS is a decent option and the fact that you can try them on is great. However, if you are simply worried about the fit, you can take measurements of your favorite pair or pairs of jeans and look for something close to that. For the most part nowadays, online stores do get the fit quite accurate. Besides, you can call around and ask for advise specifically. I feel that most people in the denim specialty stores tend to be less aggressive about sales and more so interested in helping people find the right product.

CAM00280.jpg

CAM00279.jpg

Good afternoon everyone. Take a look at my first post in a pair of Nudies! I plan on getting some of the stacking reduced by taking it to a tailor. The size for these babies is 24\32 at the moment. I'm sporting the Tight Long John Denim Stretch in the pictures above. I'm relatively petite, so finding raw selvedge denim is proving to be a struggle. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by blanca_nieve

Guest INDIGO QUEEN

I tried those but they were too big for me sadly.I think it's because they're for men as well!

I now have:

Serfontaine drainpipe indigo jeans in a 22" waist with zip openings (still a bit big)

Gieves 21oz Kurabo denim - slim straight so not skinnies but a great fit!!

It's very hard to find good jeans for skinny Minnie's!

My next pair are a 19oz Kurabo denim - also slim straight.

Then I'm after natural indigo for my collection.

Good luck in your search...

anyone have recommendations for a raw jean with a curvy cut? I'm looking for an 11.5" thigh if 100% cotton or 11"-11.5" with stretch at a size 29 or 30. Measurements are 27.5" natural waist, 33" upper hips (about where jeans would sit on average), 38.5" hips, and 22.5-23" thighs. In prewashed denim I have to buy curvy cuts for the waist to not gape in the back. Every pair of raw denim I've come across seems tailored to a more slim fit, or at least not a curvy one. Sling & Stones Delilah is the only thing that looks large enough from the size chart, but I'd prefer a straight leg and under $200.

I'm also 5'9" so i'd want a 34 inseam (to get some stacking)

We have almost the exact same measurements and height, but I'm slightly less curvy than you are. My thighs are just as big though, and obviously the main factor in sizing right.

Jeans that have worked for me are Levi's Vintage 501s, Imperial Shearers (they fit pretty great in the thigh, roomy without looking roomy, but the rise is hiiiiiigh), various APC jeans (although the waist always fits too big when the thighs are right), and most recently a pair of Samurai 710s. I went for a 30, should have gotten a 31, but I can squeeze into them after a hot soak and wash and I think they will work well after some wear.

^Agreed. I got to page 4, then ADD kicked in so jumped to the last.

We're thinking of producing a raw womens fit. i'd be keen to hear any feedback positive and negative on what's currently available, and which fit characteristics are desirable...

now back to page 5...

roomier thighs please! even the largest flat head balders is still not roomy enough.

and i find a lot of the jean back pockets aren't placed to flatter

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up Raw for Women. Just wanted to mention in here that we just released our newest style in our Viper line. Its our new Viper X008. 11oz American Cone Mills raw dark indigo selvedge with 2% stretch. Very easy to fit these. 11oz with 2% stretch molds fast to form fit body. Now available on our website. Sizes available are 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Pictures below is a fresh pair and worn for the first time for photos.

viperx008.cel.800px.01_zpse1f978d9.jpg

viperx008.cel.800px.02_zpsb886c1b1.jpg

viperx008.cel.800px.03_zpse936e1cd.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG