Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^^^Sense: Great work put in to them, congrats!!!

^tigger: I would just take them if still in unwashed raw condition!

Hello,

I am new to Japanese and Raw denim. I'm trying to find a good fit. These are some fit pics of a Samurai s710BKII 17oz that I received in the mail today. Could you tell me if this fit looks about right pre-soak? Is there a better fit I should try? I also tried out a FH 3009 - in the Flat Head thread is anyone is curious about those fit pics.

6 foot tall, 205lbs, size 36 Jeans.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

100_3772.JPG

100_3769.JPG

100_3768.JPG

Edited by marti-mar

@marti_mar

that looks just about perfect for a pre-soak fit but, everything is completely subjective and it all depends on your own likes/dislikes. Do you want a loose fit, a fitted look, a slim fit, skin tight, etc.

Most wearers of Samurai's (from what I've noticed) go for the slim/fitted look and thus, if that's what's you're looking for, then a hot soak should give you what you want.

If you're unsure, start with a cold soak, and the tighter you want it the hotter your subsequent soak should be.

Good luck!

Edited by PhillyFresh

Thanks guys!

Yeah those arcs are nice, indeed ;)

I have to agree with phillyfresh here: what fit do you wanna achieve? The waist looks just right pre-soak the rest is a bit bigger than many guys wear their 710. But my 710 in size 35 fits also bigger than the ones from the slimmer/skinnier dudes. we bigger guys have mostly a tad more relaxed fit. smaller sizes seem to give you better slim fits. I think it's all good if you give them one or two hot soaks.

edit: top block on your 3009 looks more fitted than the 710 here.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Thanks for the input guys. I think I would like a slimmer or fitted look - I prefer no bagginess, but I'm not sure that's possible with my lack of backside and skinny legs. My hips are a bit wide, so I'm a little wary of doing anything that might accentuate them.

I think these look pretty good, and I think the jeans are cool as hell. I just want to make sure these are a good fit for me before I commit to them. If there's a fit that might eliminate some of the looseness in the fit, I might be willing to take a shot on them.

the 710 is after the S003JP the slimmest pair of Samurai jeans so you could look into them or well...a different brand.

No offence but from those pics I saw of you so far, your legs don't look that skinny ;)

I was thinking the same thing haha

Thanks, I'll look at the S003JP's too. I think I'm going to keep this pair regardless. I wanted a Black and an Indigo pair to start with so, I think these will be the black jeans in rotation. I can try and find a slimmer fit in the Indigo pair if the FH 3009 don't work out.

Thanks!

marti-mar, did you build yourself a fit-pic platform there???

Hehe, no, that's a mannequin stand I built for my eBay store. It's essentially a large lazy susan. I can turn the stand instead of having to reset my mannequin when I need to take pictures from different angles. It saves me a ton of time.

Is there a good place to get 710s with arcs in indigo, in 17, 19, or 21 oz that will ship to the US? I could always get the plain pocket pair from BiG, but I really like the look of Samurai's arcs, so I'd pay a little more to get a pair with them. If it matters, I'd be looking at either a 30 or 31 for size (my current pair of PBJ 013s is a 30 and they fit slightly big, but they never shrunk down as much as I expected).

I said it one page back. Practically there's no need for heavy denim besides you are a denimhead and want to try out the maximum of what's possible. If that's the case, go for 24. If you want a fit that molds better to your body and is comfortable, go for 17 oz. Have you had experience with denim above 15 oz? If not, I think 21 oz is more than enough. At least, this denim is shown remarable fades (just look at heavyweight contest, dingo's pair).

Edited by Max Power