Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

WierdGuy Vintage Blue: Holy cardboard jeans Batman! These are like armour. Less blue than I thought it was going to be. A little twinge of gray there. Remember those LVC 501 1873's from FW07? The colour's like that. Anyway, Fit was a little less invasive then the slim guy. The hem opening was mall enough for me to stack them. If I did walk away from the shop with pair of jeans these would be them. Especially because they were going for 148 CAD. APC's are 210 CAD over here. I think we get price raeped a little there.

148 is a rip off! They are only 118 in Ottawa. I tried on the vintage blues today. I'll second the 'armour' observasion.

terutt, which store did you try these at? I'm in victoria, kinda curious about these!

Dutil in Gastown. So far they're the only one's that carry it to my knowledge. Though the people at FAB are trying really hard to get them there.

148 is a rip off! They are only 118 in Ottawa.

Wow. Vancouver is price raeped for sure.

Dhalgren posts here, and he's the N&F guy.

I tried a bunch of these on yesterday, and man, I'm not kidding.. They feel great. Especially the 18oz Slim Guys.. Which is an excellent fit! And the price point sweetens the deal!

I can't believe Blue in Green is actually carrying these. If they aren't top quality I suppose BiG wants to crack some of that $150 APC crowd

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get business, even if it means taking a risk and carrying a brand that is brand new. In other news, does anyone know if BiG got their shipment yet?

I am curious as to whom is supplying the japanese denim to naked and famous and under what conditions they are being fabricated as to enable them to supply so many stores with so many pairs of jeans for such little cost.
I think you overestimate the cost of these things. 20% of the price of a pair of jeans is cost and 80% is image and marketing.

I want to say the minimums are higher (for raw materials) compared to other mills but otherwise the manufacturing cost is being done elsewhere, so it's ultimately costing much less than buying a wholesale product and paying the tariff/tax/shipping on that as well.

Self Edge carries Nudie (I hate Nudie).

Can you not believe it?

I can't believe Blue in Green is actually carrying these. If they aren't top quality I suppose BiG wants to crack some of that $150 APC crowd

Nudie has a huge image.. It's a good dry jeans proponent.. I mean, Nudie is a good missionary for other, smaller brands, the popes and arch bishops.

But they're way expensive. Just be glad that less people will buy Cheap Monday thanks to N&F.

And I wish some of you guys would quit knocking them with one-liners if you haven't tried them or read up on them, or anything.. They're a good pair jeans.

^ quite the range of opinions.

Pacioli - Is the vintage denim raw/rigid? Maybe it's just 'cause I'm used to associating that sort of light blue with Walmart Lees, but I can't imagine them not being soft and washed.

hi dkatz - the vintage blue denim is raw. Water has never touched the fabric. The dichotomy is heartbreakingly beautiful and I must say this is one of my favorite N&F denims. While the big slub is interesting it is not my taste.

The basic selvage is probably one of the finest cloths on the market you can get in jeans/garment form for the price.

Seen this shit at DUTIL last time, even talked to the owner of this brand. He exaggerated half the stuff he said, but i wont start. Not looking forward to buying his shit anytime soon. Damn i cant believe BIG marketed these

Seen this shit at DUTIL last time, even talked to the owner of this brand. He exaggerated half the stuff he said, but i wont start. Not looking forward to buying his shit anytime soon. Damn i cant believe BIG marketed these

Fill us in... i'm curious.

I think you overestimate the cost of these things. 20% of the price of a pair of jeans is cost and 80% is image and marketing.

I think that depends a lot on whose jeans you're talking about.

Hey photo, our jeans will be available at hi-end specialty boutiques all across Canada. What city are you in?... I'll tell you the closest store carrying our line.

Anywhere in Winnipeg gonna carry these? Wouldn't mind checking them out..

I was at TNTblu today, and the salesguy handed me a pair of sz29 black power stretch skinny guy. They fit perfectly, but I'm not sure if they'll stretch much. I wear sz27 new standard that fit a tiny bit loose after stretching a lot (i did lose a lot of weight so that contributes).

They were $105 on sale. I like the sheen on them.. I'm seriously considering heading back to pick them up. Unfortunately TNTblu carries 29 as their smallest size in most men's jeans... I haven't a clue why - I thought most people that shop there are malnourished SuFu'er-types that max out at 27" true waist.......

I was at TNTblu today, and the salesguy handed me a pair of sz29 black power stretch skinny guy.

the names for the jeans are pretty fucking ridiculous