Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

So I updated new fit specs on the indigo ducks and used a 4 hole button with tex 70 thread for extra durability. Those black ducks Kanvas are holding their color well. I personally prefer my black to stay black. C

grabbed the last 29 of the new batch. Will be used for dressy nights.

Damnit. Snagged them before I could wrangle the cash to do so myself. Any hope of more 29s, Christian?

(weren't we going to keep this conversation in the Left Field thread rather than here?)

nice one robbie. i'm a sucker for mini-eggs. I had a tour of the cadbury factory here in Toronto years ago. tempting times.

happy easter everyone. this weekend I'll be mostly celebrating the four days off, rather than observing the religious side of things. have some yard work planned, it's the wife's birthday on Sunday, and I'll be on the couch watching the masters as much as possible.

IMG_6996.jpg

Took care of some yard work this morning. We can't keep up with a garden this big, so I took out these stones separating it from the lawn. We're going to plant grass and keep a smaller garden. Going to rent a tiller tomorrow and rip this up.

fdd1b91b.jpg

0bcb499e.jpg

07a3104e.jpg

We've got the biggest tree in the immediate neighborhood in our back yard. It's just starting to come back to life.

e4efb49d.jpg

What is this "Natural Selvedge Duck Chinos" i see on Left Field's site??!

Huh? am I just not seeing them? I knew there was talk of natural selvedge duck, but I don't see them on the Left Field site.

According to Christian:

I have a new White Oak duck in Nat with cotton flecks, looks like a vintage painter pant without the tool pockets
Edited by dkatz

Yeah waist is fine, thighs are tight - not uncomfortable like denim tight, but tight...

I did not plan on soaking them or anything like that, and I imagine if I do keep them, they'll loosen up quite a bit by the time they need a wash...

FWIW, these are for sale if anyone wants em..$145 shipped (have a small slub run, hence why they were the seconds for $150.)

Maybe i'll keep em maybe not..

my pair at 4 months. wearing them mostly weekdays and the occasional weekend. nothing much in terms of ‘hard wearing’.

7053273915_a4be86a989_z.jpg

6907184660_619c0b564f_z.jpg

some details

7053274059_46f0aaf04a_z.jpg

7053274673_59495e4034_z.jpg

managed to grab some shots outdoors

6907315956_f6cfec8542_z.jpg

7053275091_ea23bc3e1b_z.jpg

and lastly some from today at the local park

7053481419_e54aff5d39_z.jpg

7053482141_2d47eea2b0_z.jpg

7053482725_2b267baa10_z.jpg