Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

This is the last message I received in terms of stock.

"Hey Andrew just a heads up one pair of 34's left, 1 pair of 28's, 30, and 32 is good no 36's in indigo, I have some seconds in 34 and other sizes if people choose that option it's a $70 discount and mostly just slub runs. This heavy canvas caused a lot of problems running on the old wooden shuttle looms so have some seconds listed under the $150 price range. Have a nice Christmas and thanks for your help. Christian"

If anyone is interested in joining the contest please send Robbie or me a message before purchasing the pants!

380404_10150448679761835_508016834_9079112_1504994882_n.jpg

Happy New Years everybody!

Here is a quick shot of me in my 'base layer'. I too will be wearing my pants to work each and every day, only I have to wear khaki colored ducks over top because I work at Wal-mart. Yesterday was my birthday, so I am now 26. This contest will document my 26th year of life from start to finish here in the tiny Central Nebraska town of Elwood. Have a few trips planned and hopefully a meet up or two with folks in the central time zone (Kansas,Surly I'm lookin at you two).

Can't wait for everyone else's fits!

Also, welcome aboard to Riff. Really glad to have you involved!

Kids denim:

Warehouse do half selvage jeans for kids. At the moment they only have ones with patch pockets though. My boy had a pair in size 80 from 8 months to about 15 months which are now awaiting a sibling to use again.

We now have a pair of Samurai in size 100 that he will soon grow into.

You can see lots in the sprogs, nippers... thread

I am in the process of returning my size 32s for 30s, so I don't have any fit pics yet. I assume my fit pics will look better than all of yours' though, so stay tuned... :)

feliz año nuevo everyone.

my name is justin, i'm 25 and i work in downtown chicago as a mobile user experience designer for a national chain of pharmacies. in a nutshell, i help design the interactions, look and feel and all around presentation of stuff on our mobile apps.

i lay my head at night in munster, indiana which is home to the three floyds brewpub and you can find me there after work some nights the week and maybe on weekends if the crowd isn't too insane. when i'm not designing things i tend to hit up the local breweries and pubs around indiana, michigan and the chicago land area. the homebrew setup is coming - who knows what 2012 will bring. as much as i like it in indiana, chicago keeps calling me back so i'm planning to move back this spring.

i might look like an asshole in my pics (it was the wind, i swear) but i promise you i am not. all i really want to do is talk about music, drink good beer and if you're a nerd like me, talk about technology and gadgets.

B4Z67l.jpg

81HRAl.jpg

looking forward to this next year - and i really wish i could rock my red chambray untucked with these pants but the shirt is just too damn long! thanks again to robbie and andrew for organizing this.

edit: and here's really all i did today... still getting over a cold. since i wasn't really feeling well enough to party last night here is the first brew of the new year thanks to my new favorite brewery, greenbush. what better way to fight off a sickness, than by weakening your immune system a bit?

vP3kzl.jpg

Edited by arcarsenal

My name is Zach, and I'm an alcoholic.

I live in Austin, and I work at a coffee shop (a corporation, not a cool one). I got the black chinos so I can rock them at work. I'll likely wear them on days I work, and spend the other two days of the week in my Okis. Once it warms up a little I'll be biking biking regularly in these. I hope they can handle it. I'm pretty sure it'll be just fine.

img0391kn.jpg

Greetings all, and happy new year-

I'm fred from kansas. i'm in my..ahem...later 30's, and a music teacher. i play trumpet in some jazz groups in kansas city, but i am basically a gun for hire. i've played in salsa, mariachi, polka and swing bands, as well as orchestra/chamber groups.

arcarsenal, you will have to tell me what chicago groups you are into. i really dig tortoise and sea and cake - also ken vandermark....

i've got a terrific wife, and daughter who's 6. they'll make it into a few posts i'm sure.

i'm gonna be wearing these blacks as my daily school wear - so i'll be "that teacher" that we all had who had one outfit they wore every damn day. i've got two samurai models that will be my mr. rogers "home pants". looking forward to being in my first contest.

corny newspaper shots

6613366413_143187f5a1_z.jpg

the fam. on christmas morning. i returned the hat :rolleyes:

6613506165_ee5c0331e9_z.jpg

ringing in the new year.

6613494399_87eca22b9b_z.jpg

6613368919_03d4fb6cd1_z.jpg