Cars/General Automotive ruined my life.

tsxser

there's a few of those around where i live. spotted that one yesterday morning. if i had to spend 60k on a brand new car, I think it would be one of those. there's the speed, but mostly, the noise of the speed !!!

20110619124300812.jpg

^ freecat put some bbs lms and lower dat audi! stat! :)

About the only photo I could find of my first project car..had black bonnet and dishy BBS's when I sold it..

sWqV0l.jpg

2.0L 18RG conversion

Close ratio box

Locked Diff :3

Bilstein Coilovers

Current Jalopy :(

5OQDk.jpg

new engine!

various whiteline bits with 02 sti suspension conversion etc.

Hopefully something 2 door and turbo on the cards for end of this year.. S15?..R34skyline?..just so sick of going slow!

oh yeah going slow sucks :/ ... but there's worse cars around.

i'll put some new rims and lower it in a few months, because in this town there's high speed bumps everywhere and even with my current setup i scrap the front bumper... i also got brand new tires in 15" and no cash for the wheels.

i think some black 5-bar rims would look good (i tried a lot of model on forza 3 !), ie something like that but cheaper.

nengun-0890-00-raysengineering-gram_lights_-_57_pro.jpg

^

do it! With a silver polished lip I bet it would look awesome.

I'll be getting new rims when I get scared enough of my balding tyres / stop kopping jawnz

These guys are the most popular jap copies at the moment here. So hard to decide!

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheelcatalog.asp

I was scraping a bit too until I had the midsection muffler moved a bit.. Hate speedbumps.. esp in a car that's slow anyway it's like kicking a man while he's down. Uncalled for.

rota wheels are included in forza 3, there's some model i really like. are there real downsides to copies (from good manufacterers still) ?

grid_3.jpgp45r_4.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rota-Grid-7-5x17-Alloy-Wheels-Finished-Flat-Black-/260804526512?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3cb92941b0

^ freecat put some bbs lms and lower dat audi! stat! :)

About the only photo I could find of my first project car..had black bonnet and dishy BBS's when I sold it..

sWqV0l.jpg

2.0L 18RG conversion

Close ratio box

Locked Diff :3

Bilstein Coilovers

Current Jalopy :(

5OQDk.jpg

new engine!

various whiteline bits with 02 sti suspension conversion etc.

Hopefully something 2 door and turbo on the cards for end of this year.. S15?..R34skyline?..just so sick of going slow!

I would love to see more pictures of the Levin hatch. Especially the engine bay considering it has an 18RG. Currently building up my 18RG which sits in my 75 SR5 but so hard to find parts for the engine..

^

I wish I could help out :( It's a rare engine here too. The car has been through about 5 owners since I let it go. I really regret it now too.

Best place to find current owner or someone to help you out with that engine is http://www.toymods.org.au/content/ I think their joining conditions are insane still but worth it. No stupid posters on that forum at all.

^^

I have not heard anything bad about the Rotas, seen them on a heap of mechanics cars here too. At the prices they charge I think it's a looot easier to kop rather than waiting for a smaller set of genuine jap rims to pop up second-hand.

I just put money down this morning on a 2012 45th Anniversary Super Sport Camaro.

I'm gonna wrap that shit around a pole so quick.

I just put money down this morning on a 2012 45th Anniversary Super Sport Camaro.

I'm gonna wrap that shit around a pole so quick.

Pics or it never happened.. jk. I pictured you as more of a hot rod, biker guy. Nice choice on the Camaro though.

Pics or it never happened.. jk. I pictured you as more of a hot rod, biker guy. Nice choice on the Camaro though.

I kinda am a hot rod biker guy.. i've got a Triumph Bonneville and a '55 Bel Air. But neither of those are daily drivers, i need something new, fast, and reliable too.

I have not heard anything bad about the Rotas, seen them on a heap of mechanics cars here too. At the prices they charge I think it's a looot easier to kop rather than waiting for a smaller set of genuine jap rims to pop up second-hand.

rolling around on rotas is fine in my book but if you plan to swing that thing around I wouldn't risk it. theres pictures floating around of a guy with rotas on a miata that were warping one direction from either auto x or drifting one event. if your trying to find decent wheels, try junk yards as they can be goldmine for parts. I like work wheels and depending on the model they can be affordable and offered in custom bolt pattern and offset.

• 2 weeks later...

Faccckk, damn Miata.

Welp, its starting to overheat, and I had seen some coolant on the ground, and it probably lost somewhere around 1 quart in a matter of a week. So I will be ordering this Thurs.:

Front Hawk HPS pads

Front Rotors

All 4 Brake lines

New Aluminum radiator

Hoses

r32 golfs are probably a more rational choice. at work some 19yo dude was bragging about how he drove his brothers r32 and i immediatly thought of the skyling and nearly called him a liar and then he shows me a picture of a mk5 golf and i became jealous.