Android or Blackberry?

jheosysoes

Whats going on sufu, first post here but been lurking for a while. soo yeah

i currently have a t-mo mytouch 3g, white, clean and rooted running HTC senseUI. recently i have been thinking of switching it up and getting the new blackberry bold 9700. it would be my first time on a blackberry platform, been using Android based phones since the G1.

which do you guys think is better? judging from the EDC thread i think the forum might be biased towards BB lol but w/e.

I've had a Blackberry for almost 2 years now (Curve 8320) and I personally cannot wait to get rid of it. It's still very much a platform for "business-use" I feel. The browser is horrendous compared to an iPhone or Android devices, I've had to have mine replaced twice due to malfunction hardware, and I guess it just doesn't suit my needs anymore. It does a great job of organizing and retrieving all of my e-mails and what not, but I'm ready to give it up for something new. I think depending on what you're going to be using your phone for it may be perfect, but if you want a multimedia powerhouse then you're going to be slightly disappointed. You ultimately will have to weigh out the pros and cons for yourself.

Probably not the best advice I could give you, but it's my personal experience...

I am waiting on a phone that replicates the interface of Gmail's desktop experience on a phone with Superstars/Labeling etc.

But I too have thought about this, moving from a Nokia E71 to a Blackberry or Android.

• 1 month later...
I've had a Blackberry for almost 2 years now (Curve 8320) and I personally cannot wait to get rid of it. It's still very much a platform for "business-use" I feel. The browser is horrendous compared to an iPhone or Android devices, I've had to have mine replaced twice due to malfunction hardware, and I guess it just doesn't suit my needs anymore. It does a great job of organizing and retrieving all of my e-mails and what not, but I'm ready to give it up for something new. I think depending on what you're going to be using your phone for it may be perfect, but if you want a multimedia powerhouse then you're going to be slightly disappointed. You ultimately will have to weigh out the pros and cons for yourself.

Probably not the best advice I could give you, but it's my personal experience...

being forced to use blackberry cause of work and i am dreaming of trowing that shit away. I find it sort of mind boggling that someone would actually get a blackberry for personal use when you have the option of android / iphone. Blackberrys were awesome 5 years ago, but haven't changed much since. For a device whose greatest strength is supposed to be emailing, i find it pretty retarded that in 2010, you still can't edit the text of a forwarded message......

I don't think i could live without a physical keyboard so i would get an android over iphone, but that's just me.

I hated my BB pearl.

I love my Iphone.

I keep seeing these new phones, but have yet to play with one. My friend has some HTC jam, he loves it, but has it replaced OFTEN!

I am waiting for someone to step up and do better than the iphizzle, but the BB was not it to me at all. depends on what you want to use it for i suppose.

I currently have a Bold 9700, and I love the thing. RIM has a lot of shit in the works in order to keep up with iPhone / Andriod OS. New Webkit / browser coming out soon (first device to get it) that supports flash web pages. There are also rumors going around of OS 6.0 that is less business oriented, and more like the andriod stuff with an active home screen.

Supposed leak:

slide2.png

I dunno though, it all depends for me if/when the HTC legend comes to the USA. shit looks insane.

large6.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I think that the barebones BB OS is better than the barebones Android OS. Navigation is much easier (to switch apps on BB, you just swipe in from the bezel) But once you factor in all the apps, Android wins by a landslide. I still don't like the Android OS, but I've been using GMD Gesture Control to emulate the bezel swipes for app switching.