the unbranded brand

blm14

^ I am working on my first pair now.  I have the 221s and after wearing them for several months and for the price, I am impressed.  Spending $250 - $500 on a pair of pants is never going to work for me.  That said, these are great when compared to my typical selvage Levis.  I'm sure they are not as nice as some of the other premium brands like Iron Heart but I got mine for $55. 

I went with my normal size with these and they fit great. 

I have the 301s and yeah, they're awesome for the price. I'm wearing mine 3-4 times a week for over a year now and there is nothing, construction-wise, that leaves anything to be desired. They're holding up just fine. The denim is nice, but very uniform and kind of "boring" - that's the only thing drawing me to pricier jeans.

Regarding sizing, I went TTS too and the first couple of days have been hell until the waist stretched. From the thighs down they have been fine from the start, but the waist was definitely smaller than tagged size. Also, the fly is very short.

• 4 weeks later...

OK SUFU, I'm debating on getting a pair of unbranded jeans the next time I'm in the city. The new Urban Outfitters in Hearld Square had them the last time I was in there, so I think I'm going to try a pair or two on the next time I'm there. My question is about the sizing, which I'm still confused by.

I'm looking at the Straight UB301 and the Tapered UB201. I'm a size 33 in Levi's and Lee, so should I go up or down in these jeans or just get my true size? I'm leaning more toward the tapered than the straight if that helps any.

OK SUFU, I'm debating on getting a pair of unbranded jeans the next time I'm in the city. The new Urban Outfitters in Hearld Square had them the last time I was in there, so I think I'm going to try a pair or two on the next time I'm there. My question is about the sizing, which I'm still confused by.

I'm looking at the Straight UB301 and the Tapered UB201. I'm a size 33 in Levi's and Lee, so should I go up or down in these jeans or just get my true size? I'm leaning more toward the tapered than the straight if that helps any.

As I said in the post right above yours ;) TTS works in the 301 but some stretching/wearing in is required. I don't know if every batch runs as small as mine though. Mine have been so tight at first I couldn't button the top button but they stretched quickly. They also keep that stretch in the waistband after a 40° machine wash.

• 1 month later...

Unbranded 301 after 157 wears, 1 soak and 4 machine washes. I like how they've come along, they've started to really loose indigo after the second wash. The hardware has also aged nicely IMO.

wKR1M1Dl.jpg

0K7TDK1l.jpg

ak6Yd3Fl.jpg

Be2hjltl.jpg

8BOZGDAl.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

haven't logged in here since 2012. broke the silence to note that I got myself some of these here Unbranded 201s. First experience with raw and selvedge denim. We'll see how this goes. at the moment I'm really considering getting some of the 222s, as well. 

• 4 months later...

I don't know much about Unbranded but I'm looking for a black pair of jeans without the "bells and whistles" to just have as a go to, I know that's kind of Unbranded's thing.  Looking on their website, it looks like they offer that in a light/medium weight (13 oz. I believe) which is what I'm looking for.  Can anyone tell me anything about these? How are their fits? How do these fade, if at all? (Hoping for minimal fading, contrary to what we're used to on here). Any other information anyone would care to give me?

Thanks!

I don't know much about Unbranded but I'm looking for a black pair of jeans without the "bells and whistles" to just have as a go to, I know that's kind of Unbranded's thing.  Looking on their website, it looks like they offer that in a light/medium weight (13 oz. I believe) which is what I'm looking for.  Can anyone tell me anything about these? How are their fits? How do these fade, if at all? (Hoping for minimal fading, contrary to what we're used to on here). Any other information anyone would care to give me?

Thanks!

The standard raw are 14.5oz so not necessarily as light as you might want.  It looks like they added a lighter weight stretch denim to their lineup though.  The fits are similar if not identical to Naked and Famous cuts, if you are familiar with those (ie a slim tapered = weird guy fit, etc).

I don't have experience with the black denim but I imagine it would be more stubborn to fade than the indigo, which is pretty typical. I don't think you can go wrong with a pair of these especially if you find em on sale. Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...