Best French Cigarettes (other than gauloises or gitanes)

modforit99

I figured in such a cool country that smokes so much, there would tons and tons of cool cig brands w/ really "french" looking labels w/ names ending in x and visions of the left bank and wine and attitude... So... What brands are there? (Other than the ones stated.) I'm sick of parliament ultras. I do love them so, but its getting old. Dunhill internationals were cool for a min but now every div, knob, hipster, and middle-easterner is doing them to death. So... What's your opinion on french cigs?

"I'm a pretty boy, yeah? Yeah, I'm pretty good lookin. I take care a me 'air. Ya jus... Ya gotta 'ave a decent 'air cut if you're the front man of a band. YaknowImean?" -Liam

Edited by modforit99 on Feb 12, 2006 at 09:02 AM

Guest Fade to Black

i tried Gauloises a few months ago, didn't really like 'em...they were a bit harsh for me (and they were the lights too).

Nowadays I smoke Nat Shermans mostly (the New York Cut)...but the best cigarette I've ever had is the Shepard's Hotel.

Its not that there is anything wrong with them. Its just not what I'm looking for. This may sound stupid but, they just don't look "french" enough. That's all I'm really interested in.

"I'm a pretty boy, yeah? Yeah, I'm pretty good lookin. I take care a me 'air. Ya jus... Ya gotta 'ave a decent 'air cut if you're the front man of a band. YaknowImean?" -Liam

I don't understand. If Gauloises are French enough for the French, then surely anyone who knows about France would think they look very French?

Maybe it would help if you wore a tight horizontally-striped jersey shirt and a beret, and grew a little moustache? Maybe held a glass of red wine or a baguette in your other hand? icon_smile_cool.gif

ask a cassowary

Quote:

i don't get it... so you're not actually smoking them? heh.

--- Original message by mass on Feb 12, 2006 03:55 PM

Of course I'm smoking them. Look... Flavor wise, I think I could get use to anything. Its just that, if I'm gonna pay a premium price for imported cigs... I want them to LOOK imported. Not like a reg US pack that would prob only be mistaken for a discount brand. I mean, its not that big a deal. I just thought it would be cool to smoke something way dif looking then ev1 else, ya know?

Quote:

Hmm... would these be what you're looking for?

poseur.jpg

icon_smile.gif

--- Original message by tangerine on Feb 12, 2006 07:46 PM

Ha!!! That is toooo funny! I totally got to give it up for that. Nice one.

I'm gonna give um a shot. The smoke shop down the street from my flat usually sells gitanes but they we're out of them when I went in so I ended up getting a pack of de mauriers (canada). Not too bad but I'll still try others.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:
Quote:

i don't get it... so you're not actually smoking them? heh.

--- Original message by mass on Feb 12, 2006 03:55 PM

Of course I'm smoking them. Look... Flavor wise, I think I could get use to anything. Its just that, if I'm gonna pay a premium price for imported cigs... I want them to LOOK imported. Not like a reg US pack that would prob only be mistaken for a discount brand. I mean, its not that big a deal. I just thought it would be cool to smoke something way dif looking then ev1 else, ya know?

--- Original message by modforit99 on Feb 12, 2006 06:57 PM

man if you want a top shelf, imported cigarette that looks fancy as well as smokes like a dream go for the Shepeard's Hotel, I'm telling you. Best cigarette I've ever smoked, much better than Gauloises, Nat Sherman's, American Spirits, anything I can think of, IMO. Also a good conversation cigarette, they're obscure enough to raise interest in most smokers you'll randomly meet.

• 7 years later...