SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

Soaked and dried March 11, first worn that very evening.

Just for kicks:

57189428.jpg

Can't even see the date, but that's today's Wall Street Journal

41797833.jpg

51984938.jpg

If I have time I'll get some good dslr pics when I get home in a few.

Why would you take a photo with the date if you are not doing the contest?

You are a confused person.

not confused

i was under the impression it was okay to start early

i'm still planning on participating in the contest

i just started a couple weeks early and will end a couple weeks early

if that's a problem then i guess i won't be participating

i'll be posting updates either way

i think as long as everyone is honest about when they start and finish, it should be allowed. Its not like we can't tell or look at your previous posts. whatever kiya decides though; i still think my jeans are gonna kick ass regardless if people still start early.

I gave in and started wearing on March 20. I'll probably have to take a few month hiatus from the contest anyways as I'll probably be joining the army in November or December. Only soaked them for 10 minutes in steaming water and I like the fit a lot.

101_5464.jpg

101_5468.jpg

101_5469.jpg

101_5470.jpg

dbones.jpg

dbones-1.jpg

a little tight post soak but they're already stretching in the 15 min I've had them right now...

dbones-2.jpg

Going to ride 18 miles roundtrip on my bike in these today. I'm seriously concerned these will wear wayy too fast and I'm going to be left with hardly any indigo after a year....we'll see.

Starting a week early or a week late isn't going to make or break this contest for anybody.

Nothing extremely magical can happen in just seven days to a pair of jeans, it's the overall year that's going to leave a true mark.

Also, don't forget JimmyC has contribute a prize to the winner. Jimmy, where's that image you posted to the original thread?

dbones-1.jpg

a little tight post soak but they're already stretching in the 15 min I've had them right now...

dbones-2.jpg

Going to ride 18 miles roundtrip on my bike in these today. I'm seriously concerned these will wear wayy too fast and I'm going to be left with hardly any indigo after a year....we'll see.

Nothing wrong with that bro, I'd actually love to see a piece of denim with a completely bad ass burned out hard worned look over a skinny jean with every crease carefully planned by someone for maximal contrast.

Random thought: in about a year you guys won't be able to do that whole newspaper-as-proof-of-start-date thing…since newspapers will cease to exist in print form.

speaking of riding, it's getting to be that time of year again for babies like me that don't ride if it's less than 60 degrees out and/or windy... these are kind of loose though, i might tear the shit out of the right leg. i forget what happens when clothing gets caught up in the sprockets. does the bicycle explode?

thats why I double cuff up to the knee on my right side. if you have a regular bike with gears / single speed you can just stop pedaling - take your hem out, and start again. the worst case scenario would be a tear in your jean. if i were to get my pant stuck in the teeth of a chainring in a fixed gear my leg would turn round and round with the pedals until i came to a stop likely resulting in the loss of my leg / ankle / foot combination.

no bueno.

regardless, i just got back and there's some definite fade already from my saddle and the front creases already appear light blue. the stacking looks whack but thats mostly cuz of my crazy cuffs. i would really like to use a wash once a month strategy for these, but i'm afraid there would be wayy too much indigo loss so it'll probably be every 3. what are you guys thinking about?

I started mine about 2 weeks earlier, but I'll gladly stop 2 weeks before the end date. Still wish I got a 33 instead of a 34.

DSC07196.JPG

DSC07195.JPG

thats why I double cuff up to the knee on my right side. if you have a regular bike with gears / single speed you can just stop pedaling - take your hem out, and start again. the worst case scenario would be a tear in your jean. if i were to get my pant stuck in the teeth of a chainring in a fixed gear my leg would turn round and round with the pedals until i came to a stop likely resulting in the loss of my leg / ankle / foot combination.

no bueno.

regardless, i just got back and there's some definite fade already from my saddle and the front creases already appear light blue. the stacking looks whack but thats mostly cuz of my crazy cuffs. i would really like to use a wash once a month strategy for these, but i'm afraid there would be wayy too much indigo loss so it'll probably be every 3. what are you guys thinking about?

:D I got my shoe laces stuck caught up on the crank once. My foot felt gorilla clamped to the pedal and the laces tore through 2 of my jack purclell's holes, leaving a gnarly vintage kind of sneaker, and a foot with insufficient blood.

I started mine about 2 weeks earlier, but I'll gladly stop 2 weeks before the end date. Still wish I got a 33 instead of a 34.

crazy, im in the same predicament. The waist is way too big on the 34. Our fits look entirely diff.

Posted for randomkoreandude:

for some reason my SUFU account is all fracked and i cant post, or subscribe or anything ... i even tried to make a new account and switch my emails but i guess it takes SUFU forever to verify and confirm my registration ... STUPID

so yeah i cant post on sufu for the contest so im posting on here to prove i started on april 1st (for those who frequent both SF and SuFu). these are my pics:

IMG_0119.jpg

Photo2-1.jpg

Photo1-1.jpg

and i attached my red tab for $5 at the local dry cleaners/tailors

Photo3.jpg