Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

This i wanna see. We need to get the average age of Sufu down anyway, people like me are skewing it.

If you happen to see any 136cm please cop us a pair (they only had next size up, 140cm) , I'll pay U back and sort you out w a book or something...

Hi Paul,grabbed the last 134 today:

P1020796.jpg

Good shout on the H&M Paul. Super value as always from the Superswedes :)

Gap have made splendid kiddy selvedge jeans too, as good as the more pricey Levi's versions.

I have a soft spot for Holyfield (next to Okura in Daikanyama) and it's sister Tricofield on W. Houston, NYC. Pricey, but wonderful. T shirts in particular.

...edit..Duck, just saw your post and clicked the link.... I didn't know that Tricofield was also know as Fifth...anyway, great product. Definitely worth a look in NYC whether you have kids or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I doubt H&M will have any left - their stock turnover is really rapid, when I saw them they'd been out for 3 weeks and there were only a few sizes left - and that was over a month ago.

The downside of H&M's value-for-money is that there's no point in asking what stores carry what item, it's all what you see is what you get. ON the upside, they've had decent raw denim in for most of the last year or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to put off that first wash without the g/f noticing (lots of spot-washing by hand) then reckoned they fit nicely in the washer with my 47 LVC.

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

I forgot to mention first time around that, as you can see, these feature a selvage wasit band...

IMG_2428.jpg

i'm still miffed I missed out on those. Didn't have my kids sizes when we were all there. They still do some other good jeans for kids tho'

I forgot to mention first time around that, as you can see, these feature a selvage wasit band...

IMG_2428.jpg

Hey Paul, thanks for the posts on the H+M selvedge, I managed to pick up the last deadstock pair at H+M at Cribbs causeway, and they were in my son's size. They're unbelieveable! - they even come with a little vintage calico bag! Will post some fit pics, when I can make him stop running around for five minutes....

Good reminder,Dr.Heech! Reading your post I realized that my wife is at work and the kids to bed,so I took the chance and did some quick shots of my daughters H&Ms.Started end of january I reckon they got roughly 7 weeks of solid wear and 2 or 3 washes.

P1030035.jpg

P1030036.jpg

P1030036.jpg

P1030038.jpg

Honeycombs and whiskers where much more pronounced before the last wash,but they get treated the usual way by my wife.

Awww. those little ones are cute.

Yes, DR H, the bag is cool, I guess you've seen that little Victorian-era illustration of a loom- someone has lavished real care on these. Almostnice got me the pair pictured here.. the first pair I found will fit in a year or so. Here's the current pair in use today:

Atthebeach1.jpg

atthebeach2.jpg

Those H&M kids organic cotton selvedge jeans are great. Bought a pair of them in a size 14 and they fit great on me(5'8" - 33" waist) after some stretching. The waist went from a 31" to 32.5" after a day and a half of wear. My only beef with them is that since they're kids' jeans, the pockets tend to be a bit shallow.

The cut is slim but not skinny. And for 30 bucks Canadian, it just can't be beat!