45rpm

absolut

sent you a pm

bc4000's are kind of loose and have a long (normal) rise, they could be a good idea for you in the heat. i have a pair and like them, plan on them being my main summer jeans. the idea of wearing tight or fitted jeans on a hot humid day seems godawful to me.

the new sorahiko i tried were really tight in the waist and seat and full through the legs, kind of weird for me.

jomon fit the best ...

Quote:

and someone please correct me if i'm wrong but i think the denim used in the jomon is different from the sorahiko's - it looks much "streakier" vertically (almost in the same way the bc4000 is streaky horizontally) than the sorahiko's. it also feels a little thicker even if it's not heavier.

maybe partytaco can confirm since he has both

--- Original message by asfberg on Feb 3, 2006 07:55 AM

when i bought the jomons i was told that the denim was the same for the sorahikos and the jomon although the jomon denim clearly felt thicker and heavier and looked "streakier"...owning the sorahiko and wearing them when i bought and tried on the jomon i noticed a difference but i thought it might be because i had already put 4 months of pretty hard regular wear on them and most of the slubbiness was gone.....i'm sure somebody from 45rpm must be checking this board who can set this straight.

check out the umii suvin cotton jean.....i wish i had an extra $800 sitting around because those would be my next purchase. i tried them on at the uptown location a couple months back...very nice and a really beautiful shade of blue....i believe he said the blue of these jeans replicated old japanese firefighters uniforms. These have Lee styled back pockets and if i remember correctly were even spaced farther apart like the old pre 60's Lees.

just spoke with a friend in japan. he was told by someone at a 45rpm store in tokyo (badou r) the umii and jomon are made from a different cotton which is only available once or twice a year (maybe they're both made from the suvin cotton?). so they may make more jomon and umii jeans but they don't know when, nor are they sure if they'll be the same fit as they change things from time to time. this makes sense as i have a pair of indigo jomon's which fit very differently to a pair of charcoal jomon's i tried on recently - the charcoal ones seem to fit me a lot more like partytaco's indigos fit him.

Quote:

Can someone help me acquire the pair of SUGARCANE SC40500N found in this link?

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/356860/

Websites, anything.

--- Original message by F A Y B A N on Feb 7, 2006 06:20 PM

I bought mine using Celga and they bought it from Rakuten. Price is quite hefty including shipping to the Philippines. Came out around $330. But I think it's just $270 if you buy it straight up.

You won't regret buying the Edo Ai's. The color is like no other. If you want to veer away from the conventional dark blue indigo, that is...

I also suggest sizing down as it shrinks a lot and it fits less baggier (specially at the arse).

I own a pair of the aihikos and was quite surprised that they dont make them anymore - judging from the jomon pics, I suspect they arent too different from the aihikos. I am wearing mine now, same everything - beautiful streaks and shade of blue. Maybe the jomon fit is a bit more tapered than the aihikos - these are fairly straight unlike the loose sorahikos.

I liken these to the old levis - high rise and all - I could very well be wrong.

Ironically, these were the first pair of upmarket (price wise) Jeans I bought, which were subsequently followed by Rag & Bone, DH, etc.

I am still hunting for that slim pair of jeans thats not quite drain pipe nor boot cut - any ideas - sugarcanes, denime ???

Quote: I am still hunting for that slim pair of jeans thats not quite drain pipe nor boot cut - any ideas - sugarcanes, denime ???

warehouse 1004xx anniversary - i'd get them if the leg was longer

samurai s5000vx

studio d'artisan sd-103

or the jomon which is slimmer than the aihiko

haven't seen any slim sugarcane or denime

thanks for the suggestions. any of these makers have anything in looissh tapered fits - like DH ?? Saw some of these yesterday.

Warehouse anniversary - 1003XX

SD 103XX

How are they different from each other and from what you suggested. Also, is there anything lighter than the 14.5 oz fabrics ?

for loose and tapered you would have to go with a 1966 model, they have a highish rise also, which you may or may not like. The eternal 811 could be what you're looking for, but I'm not sure.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/eternal-811

The 1003XX has a ver high rise and is a very loose fit.

The SD-103's are much slimmer with a straight leg and a low rise. The 103XX is the same model but with natural indigo instead of synthetic indigo.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/warehouse-10th1003xx/

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/studiodartisan-sd103/

These jeans are reproductions of, or at least inspired by, Levi's and they like to keep the retro feel with details like rivets and also thick denim. The lightest denim I know of in jeans like these would be the SD-301, 302, 303. They have 13.75oz denim.

Of course there are lots of other more modern Japanese brands that use light denim, but their jeans will not look much like those you mentioned. I think 45rpm does some light jeans, like 12oz, also.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

thanks adam. so hard to decipher 45rpm's website.....

i'm waiting for djrajio's reply. i'm asking him to quote me a pair of bc4000s.

boy, 45rpm's are definitely high rise. a lot of people say they may not be the best fitting but has the best denim. i wonder if the rise is higher than 47 repros?

i'm beginning to envy geowu's SD-103s and minya's eternal 811s.....

• 3 weeks later...

bump. i'm off to tokyo two days from now and i'll defitnitely buy myself a pair of 45 rpm's. from what i gather, they are bit less expensive in tokyo. Budget is whatever best they have. i'm now leaning towards getting the jomons but if it's not worth twice as much if i go for the sorahikos. i will be staying at the shiodome site and was told that the ginza store is nearest. can anyone confirm if they carrier their denim line in that store? i heard it is not available in all their stores.

Just bought a pair of new sorahikos in Ginza. They are not high rise than I thought. These jeans are the best! Too bad they didn`t Have the jomons to compare. I cant afford it anyway. Also bought a pair of khakis.....I love their products! will post pics soon.....