45rpm

absolut

no more aihikos, i don't think at least.

also, if you live in the tropics check out the bc 4000 jeans. lighter weight selvedge, i believe the alternate the warp/weft, with one using 14oz to create the same slubiness/texture and durability as sorahikos, but with the other (warp or weft) using a lighter yarn to create an overall lighter jean. still really nice, thnking of getting apair to avoid summertime swamp ass.

I love these:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/356860/

But if given that I only have budget for one pair, will it be this over the New Sorahikos?

How much are those Sugar Canes?

Since there are so many good quality repros out there, I figure I need more time to find out which one I really covet. But the different segmentation of 45rpm seem more appealing at the moment (I guess I pretty much answer my own questions).

• 1 month later...
Guest Fade to Black

The color on those Jomons is beautiful, also great fit, the slimness is on par with Dior Homme!

I've been wearing my distressed black Sorahikos (old model) since September and I've washed them about 3 times since, and granted they were already distressed with whiskers to begin with, I must say they are fading very nicely and the dark blue tint is starting to become more apparent (I think these are basically the sulfur dyed indigo jeans...so the overdye process makes it look black but as it fades more it returns to the original indigo. The contrast between black/dark blue is really nice). Actually wearing these right now as I type!

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

I might shell out $350 for the Sorahikos. But $750 for the Jomons? Do you think they really deserve that much premium for the quality?

--- Original message by john11f on Jan 29, 2006 07:32 PM

Apparently the difference is mainly in the concept rather than the actual quality...from what I've heard, the denim is the same, except the natural plant indigo dye is a more rarified technique thus the huge jump in price. But based on those Jomon pics, that color is one of the most beautiful shades of indigo I've seen in a jean, don't know if it's $750 beautiful though :P

they're not nearly as slim as dh, not even as slim as sd-103's. partytaco's are a lot tighter (in his pics) than mine are - maybe he got a size smaller than usual. also on mine the back pockets don't look as spread out, but that's probably just the fit. color is amazing though, very deep.

Quote:

they're not nearly as slim as dh, not even as slim as sd-103's. partytaco's are a lot tighter (in his pics) than mine are - maybe he got a size smaller than usual. also on mine the back pockets don't look as spread out, but that's probably just the fit. color is amazing though, very deep.

--- Original message by asfberg on Jan 29, 2006 11:30 PM

i bought my Jomons pretty tight because I have the Sorahikos (which I also bought really tight) and I knew approx. how much these were going to stretch. As far as I can tell the back pockets on all the current 45rpm jeans I have seen are just slightly wider apart than your typical Levi's and as for the slimness of the Jomons I would say they are slim but not close to Dior slim.45rpms are best jeans I ever owned even better than any of the 50's and 60's Levis I had....

those are pretty much 47 repros

i have a limited edition called momotaro, not sure if they're still avail but you can look on rakuten

otherwise check out the s5000vx which look great

problem for you is they're 17oz

most samurais are pretty heavy

look for samurai zero models which are more modern

and someone please correct me if i'm wrong but i think the denim used in the jomon is different from the sorahiko's - it looks much "streakier" vertically (almost in the same way the bc4000 is streaky horizontally) than the sorahiko's. it also feels a little thicker even if it's not heavier.

maybe partytaco can confirm since he has both

i just can't stomach coughing up $750++ on those jomons adam. can you tell me how the bc 4000 and the new sorahiko fit? You mentioned that they may not be the best fitting jeans is that correct? is the rise a big concern? what would you recommend best?