3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

3sixteen-denim-preview-5.jpg

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with 3Sixteen. They are based out of NYC and have a decent clothing line that will now add this SL Series denim. Looks like they put together a decent product. The SL-100x (Indigo) and the SL-200x (Black) are constructed of unwashed Japanese selvedge denim with each pair is cut and hand sewn in the USA. Details include custom gunmetal rivets and shanks and aleather patch is handcrafted in Portland by Tanner Goods. Releases later this month. More pics here

3sixteen-denim-preview-1.jpg

What if i said i helped with the design of this jean?

And it's an APC repro...

I would buy it if there was a red Supreme tab on the back pocket…

Exactly my point.

dun dun dun....

kiya, any info on where the denim was sourced from?

It's Kaihara denim..

its not like they pulled a bobby hundreds.

andrew and the rest of his team are pretty committed to creating a quality product that they would stand behind.

you guys should keep in mind that not every consumer has access to the wealth of knowledge most of us take for granted.

And it's an APC repro...

really?

any way i kinda like the 3sixteen brand i have a handful of the shirts but i find these jeans too plain, i need some kind of standout feature, and these arent calling me. ill probably get more of the tees but ill pass on teh jeans for now.

its not like they pulled a bobby hundreds.

andrew and the rest of his team are pretty committed to creating a quality product that they would stand behind.

you guys should keep in mind that not every consumer has access to the wealth of knowledge most of us take for granted.

Um..internet access? :confused:

it really is interesting how we percieve these brands. I was off-put by the "3sixteen" logo-ing (it seemed pacsun ish), but my feelings definatly changed when, Kiya, you said you had a hand it in. MRAKETING

• 3 weeks later...
it really is interesting how we percieve these brands. I was off-put by the "3sixteen" logo-ing (it seemed pacsun ish), but my feelings definatly changed when, Kiya, you said you had a hand it in. MRAKETING

i hope you arent serious.

kiya is very legit but you guys are making it seem like if kiya did a collabo with dog shit you guys would be all over it...

.....shit man why would i buy this pile of crap? ....umm cuz its a self edge collabo...

oh sick i need two.

thats how all you niggas are acting right now.

And it's an APC repro...

Whether or not this is true, no one should buy jeans based on the idea that you helped in the creation. If anything, they should be worried that the jeans will be close to $300 because anything you help with is automatically expensive.

But then you're probably joking so it doesn't matter.

there is no sarcasm in that statement. also, the things kiya collabs with is expensive because the price of the jeans are expensive to begin with. there's no correlation between kiya and collab, it's just coincidence imo

kiya sells 3sixteen at his shop..

this obviously isn't the denim that denimheads want, it's more geared toward the general "hypebeasts"

i hope you arent serious.

kiya is very legit but you guys are making it seem like if kiya did a collabo with dog shit you guys would be all over it...

.....shit man why would i buy this pile of crap? ....umm cuz its a self edge collabo...

oh sick i need two.

thats how all you niggas are acting right now.

I didn't mean I was going to buy a pair, I just meant that when kiya said he had something to do with the company it would cause me to look twice at it (if someone who is respected in the denim community has some interest in it, i guess I could try and figure out if there's anything there). I thought he was just being facetious (and really had no hand in it) and just said what he said to expose how much we had bought into the selfedge hype. But Selaviso, you are right. Thanks for the +negrep, too.

• 2 weeks later...

The jean seems like somewhat of a compliment to the rest of the line, which is pretty strong for who they're targeting. I doubt many on the board would really get into it, but to start bringing up the typical streetwear kid into some better collections, I like where the brand is headed...

http://www.3sixteen.com/linesheet/spring09/lookbook.html

This should probable be in Superfashion, but I didn't see the sense in making a new thread. If mods want to move it though...

• 1 month later...

wow great fit tigerprawn, makes me want a pair :)

and its funny how all you guys thought kiya was joking

3Sixteen is leaps and bounds above the other "streetwear" companies, I would probably put it in its own category...

the denim is kaihara raw selvage... the patch is from tanner leather goods... and the cut is an APC (rescue i believe) repro... and the pricepoint isn't over the top so imo these are great for what their worth

I'll probably scoop a pair of bk's from 3Sixteens next line of denim, supposedly they'll be realeasing a slimmer fit so i look forward to that :cool: