sweden :: stockholm :: general

keska

That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming. I'm leaning towards booking the trip in June.

Anyone else have any info about my question regarding a Weekday proxy?

even if I'm not Swedish, as a fellow Scandinavian I can positively say that the best time of year to go is during the summer.

sorry for hijacking this topic, but i'm going to be having a placement in Stockholm from upcoming March 'till end of June. If someone knows a place where I can stay please send me a PM. I can pay around 4000SEK a month and don't mind sharing an apartment.

Cheers.

and oh yes, if you hook me up i will proxy the hell out of sweden for you.

Edited by Lemurian

• 1 month later...

@captain5640 They have a store on Götgatan I think, there are some other weekday stores around the city though. Also I would recommend going in the summer for sure.

@lemurian have a look at http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/lagenheter?ca=11&w=1&cg=3020&st=u&m=131

Edited by house

• 3 weeks later...

I'm heading up to oslo and stockholm in 2 weeks, what are the stores worth visiting?

i think I'm heading to Freudian Kicks (oslo) to check out their Vis stuff

any other stores stock visvim there other than tres bien?

and whats nice to do there if I'm there with my mom

@captain5640 They have a store on Götgatan I think, there are some other weekday stores around the city though. Also I would recommend going in the summer for sure.

@lemurian have a look at http://www.blocket.s...3020&st=u&m=131

Thanks! Found myself a place just one metro stop from Sodermalm. I'm really excited to go next week.

I already found a lot stuff to do the first week; there's a modern art museum and the photography museum seems to be cool as well.

what's some great places to eat on a budget in Stockholm?

Thanks! Found myself a place just one metro stop from Sodermalm. I'm really excited to go next week.

I already found a lot stuff to do the first week; there's a modern art museum and the photography museum seems to be cool as well.

what's some great places to eat on a budget in Stockholm?

tre kronor has good kebab. walk into any cafe for a great sandwich. Max Frisco burger is good. Pretty much any pizza place (get the ham, banana, curry or the shrimp, mushroom, and tabasco)

Hötorgshallen is an underground market with amazing food. Really cool place

I'm heading up to oslo and stockholm in 2 weeks, what are the stores worth visiting?

i think I'm heading to Freudian Kicks (oslo) to check out their Vis stuff

any other stores stock visvim there other than tres bien?

and whats nice to do there if I'm there with my mom

Nitty Gritty in Stockholm stocks visvim

and the Vasa museum is pretty cool if you've never been.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey, so i am studying abroad in stockholm this fall semester from september to december. i was wondering what were the areas and places a 20 year old american who is studying in stockholm for a semester should go to hang out. i have never been to stockholm before and speak zero swedish. if anyone has any advice in terms of living in stockholm that would be great. i am very excited for my trip and i am just trying to get the most out of it.

• 1 month later...

A place you shouldn't miss is Berns for the people and music (in their basement, the club 2.35:1).

Living is a harder one, it's nearly impossible to find an apartment for hire. Check out these links for hiring:

http://www.bostaddirekt.com/ (english language in the right corner)

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/lagenheter?q=uthyres&ca=11&w=1&cg=3020&st=u

Good luck :)

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

trädgården can be really good but it can also be really bad, you sgould go there on friday for their daytime sessions party, nina kravitz and pepe bradock is playin, you gotta be there early as fuck though, they open at 4 in the afternoon an the que can be raw as fuck...

F12/terassen can be nice, always a good party but the crowd can be pretty uncool.

i Know lindström is playing that weekend at som semilegal club in the outskirts of town.

i can check that out if you like that norwegian space disco.

berns(but only their basement) 2:35:1 is great with alot of international dj:s and one of the citys best soundsystems.

if you want quality cocktails and good barambience you should check out Marie levau, Tjoget and Häktet all in the Södermalm area of town, all great food and cocktails, this part is all in all the best place to hang out in.

can see if i find something else worth mentioning in a while...

Where are you gonna be staying? 

or you can simply da as me, go to copenhagen this weekend for the Distortion festival! :D

thanks so much guys! those are very helpful. i will have a better understanding of the area, directions once i get there this tuesday, so i can plan accordingly. pretty much down with anything. i am travelling with my gf, and we're staying at her grandma's house. i believe it's 20 minutes by bus from the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any good furniture stores in Sweden? I am looking for modern designer, used midcentury pieces, textiles, ceramics, and anything else worth checking out.

Also looking for a place to find old prints.

Thanks.

Edited by ChadR

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any good furniture stores in Sweden? I am looking for modern designer, used midcentury pieces, textiles, ceramics, and anything else worth checking out.

Also looking for a place to find old prints.

Thanks.

hi Chadr, try Dusty Deco on Kocksgatan 23 in Stockholm!

• 11 months later...

i am looking for interesting, intelligent people - who want to get involved in something that is coming to Stockholm shortly. 

kind of a vauge description haha

i could probably rally up some people if its interesting and time is at hand, would't mind hearind more about this

• 2 weeks later...

i am looking for interesting, intelligent people - who want to get involved in something that is coming to Stockholm shortly. 

PM me Jack please :)

Edited by house

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...