Street Fighter Thread

Ichigo100%

if you are in la

sf4 is in walnut

far, but not that far

mvc2 is much better than mvc1

Are you sure you played Capcom vs Tatsunoko? Because I swear that shit isn't released until winter 2008.. Unless that's for NA release.. I've been readin up on this shit and I could've sworn it was Winter 08.
i said it was in beta

How to win MVC2:

Picks, cable, sentinel, cyclops

juggle, projectiles, game set match, id rather play powerstone 2.

that and there is no hope for you if you havnt been practicing for the past 3 months

yo artificial, do you not watch tournament videos homie? Have you not seen umehara and KO or Justin wong play? These guys are beasts and I would say they're about the same level with Daigo..

Not to mention Justin Wong still plays at the Evo2k tournaments so his skill's have improved since.

anyway, Dark, my bad I kinda looked past that comment. But i'm still jealous anyway since you played it.. I'm anticipating that shit..

I had to go back and read your post, it was so poorly-written that I thought you said you could match Daigo.

Neg reps stands though, I'm sure you've done something recently to anger me.

It's true though, Daigo hasn't been one of the "top five" third strike players since 05 or so, but that video of him at Evo2k4 is so legendary that people still consider him the best. Alex Valle worked him at his last appearance at Evo in 06.

He "retired" from third strike in 06, saying he didn't find it fun anymore. Since then he basically plays super turbo, darkstalkers, and mahjong (?!).

---

I'm going to pick up SFIV of course, but I'm more stoked for KOFXII

capcom say they've got some "revolutionary" netcode for the console releases of SFIV, so maybe this will finally be the online release that the hardcore fans (few of them as there may be) embrace.

I'll take the neg rep, I deserve it anyway..

I thought Daigo had turned his focus back to guilty gear, perhaps I was wrong on that one..Regardless i'm definitely picking up KOFXII for sure, that game is going to be nuts.. I can imagine it being online as well.. I gotta start practicing again..

Anybody still play on XBL?

dark i dont use that team, infact I dont even know who id use in MVC2 anymore its been so long since i got down with it.

If i play a fighter its SF3

Im gonna work with guile for SF4

nuf said, see you on ps3 hos

street fighter 4 is pretty decent. its pretty old school. i dont think there were many new features. graphics kinda look 3d-ish.

buy a membership card and you can save your progress and etc.

i played that shit over the summer at a local arcade and pwn3d lotz of n00bz.

where my srk niggas at?

btw someone said guile had an infinite in TvC. guile is not in TvC. you're thinking of alex.

also, someone said umehara has as much technical skill as daigo... no kidding because they're the same person.

June, im on srk, my names Fataldmg

How do I get good at this game? I'm probably gonna take a Brawl hiatus (no, I won't be on Survivor: Gabon like Ken Hoang did over the summer) to practice SF3 so I can be somewhat scrubly decent at SFIV.

How do I get good :[ I don't think practicing with a keyboard helps at all :\

EDIT: any recommendations for a good PC compatible arcade stick? I'm looking at the Hori pads, but I don't really know anything about sticks, buttons, cabinets, anything really.

Should I lurk SRK or something?

go play at arcade infinity

that's the new 3s spot for now

practicing on keyboard does help.

i'm not sure if you could use it or not, but people with ps3s use converters so that they can use whatever pad/stick they want. i don't know if that'd work on a cpu though. but there's probably one already out for pc use.

if you can, find a tekken 5 anniversary pack if you want a decent stick. they're usually 30 dollars now, maybe even less. it comes with a t5 stick, which is made by hori (that is if you want a stick).

If anything, just cop the 360 hori ex2 arcade stick w/usb and map it out on the computer.. Then play on 2d fighter and you'll be sailing in no time..

That's what I plan on doing.. I play on both my 360 and 2df and I've learned a lot more through both.

Wow I kinda wanna build my own joystick, kind of even tempted to use green for the lp mp lk mk and dark green for hp hk for some e-peen action going on.

Darkadious: I tried playing on a cabinet at school (CSU Dominguez Hills has a 3s) but it's so expensive cuz I suck ass..

any of you shittalkers want to test your game, you can still see ninjas like John Choi et all at Sunnyvale Golfland. Aka the US Headquarters of SF. I dunno how the hell he play 3 nights a week at age 35 but there he is.

There are tons of people out there who I can say compete with daigo in terms of technical playing style, Umehara is one of them.. I think he uses Chun-li though.. But both are remarkable.. I'm still trying to master parrying..

what does this mean, isn't Daigo = Umehara?

Onuki-san FTW

SF4 @ Super Arcade in Walnut, CA (sorry if it has been mentioned already...I didn't want to read everything)

I've been playing it for a while now...the focus attack (new "parry"...but not really) is pretty complicated. It can work like a Roman Cancel a la Guilty Gear or as an unblockable. EX's are available (3rd Strike). Guys are already getting good...Dhalsim is siiiiiick.

I'm currently using Honda. That guy is strong as hell. Abel is dope too...he can roll through fireballs and go straight into a move. Danger!

3rd Strike WAS my game. Alex, all day, everyday. Someone mentioned KO...I played him a couple times when he came to the US some year back. At that time I think his Yun was #2 in the world, behind Daigo's Ken. #3 was KSK, who I beat (after playing him 6 times) and it was the greatest moment of my life.

And Justin Wong is an ass. Good player but a jerk. I used to work at an arcade and he was the rudest motherfucker ever. And he tried to hit on some underage Korean girl, but to no avail.

Super Turbo is where it's at! Chun-Li FTW

any of you shittalkers want to test your game, you can still see ninjas like John Choi et all at Sunnyvale Golfland. Aka the US Headquarters of SF. I dunno how the hell he play 3 nights a week at age 35 but there he is.

how is it the US headquarters if it's of SF? :)

i wouldn't call it the 'headquarters' anymore. maybe pre 2003.

also where was the shittalking, if i missed it point it out