supermeatheads

kunk75

I am skinny... i want to gain muscle but not bulk. how do I do this? i used to have it when i didnt work and bodyboarded/skated everyday, i no longer have the opportunity to do this.

I do not want to pay to go to a gym if I don't have to.

So many people say that - "I want to gain muscle but not bulk", as if touching iron will turn you into ronnie coleman. Just follow any normal strength building routine while eating normally and you wont get "big". It takes an enormous amount of dedicated powereating to have big muscles and these kinds of concerns does a disservice to the men dedicated to lifting big.

I am skinny... i want to gain muscle but not bulk. how do I do this? i used to have it when i didnt work and bodyboarded/skated everyday, i no longer have the opportunity to do this.

I do not want to pay to go to a gym if I don't have to.

homme, crosstrain like I do. I'm not a very bulky cut, fairly lean, but since I'm bigger I had to work harder to keep the fat off... anyways, you need to basically work off a high-rep set-weight formula. The more reps with a set amount of weight, for any exercise, the more definition, less bulk.

I think thats how it works. I don't remember. I've been doing my routine so long it's second nature.

This thread needs before and after pics

- 16 yrs old, ~130 lbs

skinny.jpg

- 17 yrs old ~150 lbs

BACK.jpg

- 19 yrs old, 196 lbs

(can't find a picture at the moment)

- (current) 20 yrs old, 173 lbs

arrrrrgh.jpg

back-1.jpg

p.s. don't mind the asian hair posters; picture was taken in my mom's salon

that is a very impressive lat to waist ratio. that level of leanness kind of amazes me as you seem to have built up whereas i started out fat and added muscle, then lost fat. i am at 12% bf now and it is really hard to get below that. my waist is 34 which is big for sufu but looks relatively lean as my chest is 48.

mrchariybrown , that's basically the kind of body that i want to achieve. i would rep, but it would be way too homo, even for sufu standards.

would be nice to know your routines and diet. also, were you training weights without interruptions over those 4 years?

ha today i almost made the decision to start juicing

ive decided against it though even tho my bodybuilding goals would be reached with much greater ease

i am not familiar with bodybuilding terms. is juicing taking steroids or protein supplements?

steroids.

far as diet, it is the hardest part. i can go to the ghym 5 days a week but cannot resist entenmans, ice cream, etc.

the solution? we don't have it in the house. the kids snack on fruit and veg. the wife eats pretty clean too so it helps.

i do allow myself a good cheat meal at least once a week. wouldn't want to keel over having not had a burger and fries in a year.

far as diet, it is the hardest part. i can go to the ghym 5 days a week but cannot resist entenmans, ice cream, etc.

For me, the answer is honey. It's much more sweat than sugar. When I want some fast carbs (chocolate or ice-cream) I just eat a tiny amount of honey and it's usually enough.

Sometimes I eat >80% chocolate, though.

My results were better by in bench press (about 350) a year ago, but I've consantly kept loosing a lot of fat. And now I'm more satisfied with my look.

HIIT is cool, I guess, but it's fucking disgusting to do. I hate HIIT. I actually like running/jogging slowly for 20-30 minutes. I feel refreshed afterwards.

I agree with kunk.. abs = low body fat, low body fat = a properly structured diet..

and I'm with knucks on this one, I fucking hate cardio and won't do it.

egpt - within those 4 years, I've taken off a week every 8-10 weeks to help my body recover. also, the winter I was 196lbs, I caught the flu, bronchitis, and strep throat back to back which caused me to be out of the gym for over a montn. I couldn't eat that much so I dropped down to a little under 180lbs during that time