common projects ss08

onemancult

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Another request from me as I'm rather on the fence about which ones to get..

Will gladly give +rep for a picture of the Mid Dark Grey Achilles under skinny jeans, as well as an online store that actually sells the Mid Dark Greys.

i know of a couple members who've posted fits and was gonna search for fit-pics, but i noticed that any rep you give would be grey (and less dark than that of the cp achilles colorway).

Another request from me as I'm rather on the fence about which ones to get..

Will gladly give +rep for a picture of the Mid Dark Grey Achilles under skinny jeans, as well as an online store that actually sells the Mid Dark Greys.

i own both the patent blacks and the dark grey mids, and my opinion is get the blacks if you want something "dressier", or get the grey if you want something more low key and subtle. the patent blacks are solid patent and realllly shiny, so if you cant pull these off then dont even think about it. The grey ones are a lot more simple and more wearable for everyday occasions, imo. i'd say just get both if you can, they are both very solid sneakers with two different looks.. but if you can only get one, think about what would work better with your wardrobe, style, and colors.. actually i sold my dark grey ones, but i have a pic of me wearing it with skinny jeans so just pm me..

I went to Theory last Monday (only because I was already at APC and bored) and was surprised to see they are selling CP's. The Achilles, specifically, in all colorways.

cp9.jpg

OMG OMC! OMG!

I guess I'll be beasting over these. so good.

Uh......Opening Ceremony's house brand (by B. Store) makes shoes EXACTLY like these in a variety of colors; same material as well. In fact, CP's entire new line pretty much already exists in the form of some other brand . I agree with Jet, those captoed laceups are like cheap Lanvins, which is a pretty ballsy move on CP's part considering the two companies produce their shoes using the exact same manufacturer..........

Not a fan, but thanks for the pics OMC.

hmm I've seen the B.Store ones at B.Store in London and opening ceremony in LA, but I dont recall seeing any washed leather, perforated or those canvas looking ones though? only black, grey and white matte leather.

the shape is exactly the same but its a very traditional style, I have a pair of Jil Sanders that are exactly the same shape.

hmm I've seen the B.Store ones at B.Store in London and opening ceremony in LA, but I dont recall seeing any washed leather, perforated or those canvas looking ones though? only black, grey and white matte leather.

the shape is exactly the same but its a very traditional style, I have a pair of Jil Sanders that are exactly the same shape.

B. Store made Opening Ceremony bluchers with uber-thin leather soles (just like those), non-welted in suede, canvas, and chukkas in perforated leather.

Not that important either way. Bottom line is that I don't think they were nearly as innovative this season as they have been in the past.

how are they 'cheap' versions of the lanvin captoes... because they didnt use patent leather on the toe? next line, you admitted they use the same manufacturer. and unless you have some weirdo gripes about cp quality, which is pretty great all across the board, then they're just ballsy. except maybe for folks that dont want some flashy patent on their toes on what is otherwise a nice spring/summer shoe.

theyre definitely not trying anything new this time around... im kind of into the dress shoe shape if only because OC shoes seem to be made to sort of shoddy standards.