Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

yep, it makes a huge difference when all the employees of a company are so passionate about not just their brand but also the clothing market they operate in. 

I found it very refreshing (and surprising) that they had section for other brands on their forum, and they also talk about and recommend other brands products, even when those products are the type of products they are selling.

They are my favourite brand not just for their top quality products but customer service wise as well.

Not many other brands will interact with their customer/fan base closely enough to essentially produce certain products because they asked for it in a direct way. The excellent duck vest comes to mind!

That's great to hear. So anyone else have any interest in a 634 with a higher rise but other measurements remaining the same?

Not a lifters cut just a longer rise

Pretty much. 

Siounds like Kbuzz is looking for the 633 in 14oz from Self Edge. It appears as though they altered the lower rear rise found in the heavier weight versions of this cut. I'd still message Andrew or "Bearded Johnathan" or any of the other employees to double-check measurements in your size, since SE is notorious for having wacky size charts. 

Edited by TresUnCool

rrreyhan Awesome denim evolution seen here. Congrats and keep them alive for ever

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

@nizzle damn man, I'm good with jeans right now and don't care for double indigo very much but you're making it really hard to not get a pair.

How does the double indigo compare to the UHR? They both look a little similar

$105.00 CAD in duties for two UHF on a full value declared parcel. Thankfully there was a free shipping promotion. I'll crunch the numbers to see if it's worth doing business with them.

Edit: Yes, it is.

Was just hit with more duties on one UHF than I did for two last time. This effectively makes buying from Japan a wash when compared to buying from IHUK for Canadians...or maybe just Quebecers?(Unless you feel like you're getting more value by saving $15 CAD. I sure as hell don't.) Edited by TresUnCool

for canadian customs it is all based on markings.  if marked as merchandise over 20.00 may incur customs charges.  If marked as a GIFT value must be below 60.00.

i have bought tons from JP and rarely get hit by customs; although i have preferred shops i have dealt with for a long time and they are happy to mark my packages as gift value 5000 yen, so avoid customs charges.  have maybe been hit twice on close to a hundred packages.

so for me its a no brainer to get direct from jp

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update on my IHxVS Type I after 1.5 years and ~200 wears, 2 soaks and 3 washes

g22NTCk.jpg

UARcjtx.jpg

dCrGxqZ.jpg

Rz0e46V.jpg

2L0XqQM.jpg

Chainstitch Embroidery done by Brian of Knickerbocker MFG at Inspiration NY

DXcyrJI.jpg

Pins:

Top to Bottom, Left to Right

Weaving Shibusa Toyoda Shuttle loom Pin
Pratt (The uni I go to)
Self Edge Diesel Pin
Vintage Bartman Pin

I've lost and replaced so many pins, including a hello kitty pin, a Bernie Sanders Pin, and one that said, "I might like you better if we slept together"

Idiot_bitch

Congrats to your incredible denim evo results!

Keep them alive for ever

They deserve it!!!

I'm thinking about tapering & hemming my 4 year old beatle busters since they're getting tattered at the hem and they're pretty wide at the leg opening. Anyone have any good recommendations in NYC for cheap tapering jobs? Also, has anyone tapered their pair with some pics?