Running shoes

herpsky

i honestly like made in england 576 and 577's. they are running, but i think the solid darker color ways go great with even nonstreet fit. or am i fooling myself??

honestly i have a bunch of 576s and 577. obviously when compared to that of the american 574's, the differences are obvious, but what is the differences between the 577 and 576s? i own both and still can't tell.

what sucks is the resale valuse of them unless they're not some fucking limited special edition/etc. i've seen certain colorways go for almost 30,000 yen in jp. imported to america from uk or jpn are just as bad enough worse. i wish they got more love.

would anyone be interested in buying some??? please.

honestly i have a bunch of 576s and 577. obviously when compared to that of the american 574's, the differences are obvious, but what is the differences between the 577 and 576s? i own both and still can't tell.

what sucks is the resale valuse of them unless they're not some fucking limited special edition/etc. i've seen certain colorways go for almost 30,000 yen in jp. imported to america from uk or jpn are just as bad enough worse. i wish they got more love.

576 is more along the lines of the 574's imo. I find both a bit bulky and haven't touched a 574 or 576 since college. the 577's have the encap similar to the 1300 series. NB's are really poorly exploited over here. The mita graduation pair is the nicest ones i've seen. The harris tweed 576's are really nice though

dude i just sold a rack of 577 and 576s for my friend and it was a bitch. 577s are a bit of a lower profile and a slightly different toe box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110171019988&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=001

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110172919640&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=001

i'm telling you, I used to run in Reeboks for the 4 years I worked for them and thought they were great, but just bought my first pair of Sauconys, and wow. These can't be beat. check the link below from zappos of the pair i bought.

I over-pronate terribly and sometimes wear a special insole to help but these shoes help combat a lot of that w/out the insert.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/29666289/c/747.html

and yeah I know they are expensive, but worth every penny

i have nbs for tennis and theyre pretty good. heavy, but evry tennis shoe is kinna haevy at least.

i use basketball shoes for tennis because all tennis shoes are butt ugly and they work well enough. specifically gimme 5 court force lows which are my riff on regulation tennis whites. i see dudes at the courts wearing jordans all the time, too. using running shoes for tennis is asking for trouble, not enough lateral stability

it's funny to see the kameda bros free 5s, i wear the same for the cardio at the gym but it appears herpsky has been there done that

I saw lots of recos for ASICS and I gotta agree with them...

For Distance Running (XC and Track) I trained strictly in ASICS DS Trainers starting my second year. Ridiculously light, pretty good ankle support for pronators (I'm an over-pronator), and standard great ASICS cushioning.

I haven't regularly run in a while, but I'd say that what surface you're running on should also be a consideration, especially if you have shoddy legs. I've since switched from the DS Trainer to the 2010 because it's a bit heavier and has a bit more support (I only run on concrete now... sigh. I wish I got to run on more trail)

Doesn't running on sidewalks with frees hurt your feet? I didn't like them at all when I tried them out. Then again, I'm a heavy runner and I put a lot of wear on my shoes (and feet).

I love my Brooks Adrenaline GTS. I'm on my third pair (one pair of 5s, two of 6s, now on 7s). The best recommendation I can make for them is that they're the first running shoes I ever owned that I just didn't ever think about when I was running.

adrenaline207ba3.jpg

I love my Brooks Adrenaline GTS. I'm on my third pair (one pair of 5s, two of 6s, now on 7s). The best recommendation I can make for them is that they're the first running shoes I ever owned that I just didn't ever think about when I was running.

adrenaline207ba3.jpg

i finally went in and bought my new pair, and also ended up copping a pair of these. they are a very similar shoe to the asics kayano that i was intending on getting, with slightly less hi tech materials i believe and consequently a shorter 'life'. the brooks adrenaline 7's just felt a little better, so i went with them.

^that colourway is better than mine though. mine are red instead of the blue :(.

dude i just sold a rack of 577 and 576s for my friend and it was a bitch. 577s are a bit of a lower profile and a slightly different toe box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110171019988&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=001

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110172919640&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=001

Wow those are good prices, I'm surprised they were difficult to get rid of.

For seeking help for the perfect shoe, would anyone recommend going to shoe stores such as footlocker, or is there a fairly common store that are knowledgable in proper footwear?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anyone offer any updated advice with these? I know alot of people must run on this site judging by the number of fatties ...

Looking for something to cover me for about the 5 mile mark, road running, neutral running style i believe.

Discount offers/ recommended shoes for '08?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
ok, nike free 3.0 v3s, anyone know if they're durable and will last me a while?

I have had the 3.0 v2 for about a year. Used them 8 hours a day for the past couple months inside the gym running, jumping, etc and they are still in great shape.

Honestly I can't recommend these enough. By far the most comfortable, lightest shoe I've ever owned. I'll definitely be picking up another pair when it's time.

thanks for the reply, but in typical fashion i copped before anyone bothered to answer my question anyway. But i'm glad to hear your thoughts, I think i've made a good choice.

incidentally i wanted the v2s more, but i just can't find a pair online — actually even the v3s aren't all that easy to find, and they're the latest model!

These ARE hard to find!

Try eBay for v2 if you are still interested. Copped mine for about 65 bucks shipped. I bought them purely for aesthetic purposes (I'm a fan of a more slim/simple silhouette) and the 5.0 just seemed to bulky. Turned out to be a very good decision.