what.cd

Guest DUM

To those still in search of new torrent sites, funkytorrents.com is still open for registration.

Online Since 2005-08-07

Registered users 10,224 / 12500

Active Users in Last 15 mins 46

Torrents 9,532

Peers 19,427

Unique Peers 1632

Seeders 18,892

Leechers 535

I'm still in search of What.cd, Libble and Waffles invites. Will rep for food.

I get the feeling it's going to take a long time before what.cd becomes useful to me. Everything I searched for today already had zero seeders.

...after spending last night uploading a decent amt of torrents (boredom/insomnia/obsessed) to What.cd the problem that's occured is that my uploading speed is much, much slower than what's being demanded of it. So I've actually up'd my limit to 10 active torrents at a time which renders the others especially the ones that have leechers on 'em to read 0 because utorr automatically pauses the torrent which apparently takes me off the tracker.

also, the tracker is still fucking up on the announce side (rather then overloading and going red)--so i've hopped onto things that read 0 seeders/0 leechers and found myself in a torrent w/ 7 other machines.

in short--hop on the torrents you want even if it says 0 seeders and especially if you see that the uploader is online. they may be dealing w/ the same bottleneck or crap tracker announcements. ...and pls help seed when yer done.

I've found most things I download (not always the most popular stuff) are done within 20 or so minutes, but some things can take a night, which is ok I guess. I think for the most part people don't realize that a site like this is really only effective if you seed forever so it's more or less going shopping for music as opposed to constantly requesting and posting torrents.

Just saw this posted in a Waffles.fm group:

All members from what.cd on Waffles should change their passwords, after what.cd was compromised by Richard Coles whom stole the database file.

"THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU HAVE A ACCOUNT ON BOTH WAFFLES AND WHAT.CD PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY!"

Don't know how serious this is, but better safe than sorry I guess.