Uniqlo F/W 07.08

doctorgnar

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone else feel like most uniqlo stuff is very long, i am 5"8 150 lbs and everything is really long on me, i can't even wear their clothing :| I dont know if I can downsize to a small from a medium either because of the shoulders issue. But mediums are Really long on me, and not that fitted at all

All said I like the cardigan in grey, its really simple

I'm not trying to stir up a shit storm, but what I saw on the Mannequins in the NY store last night, it looks good from afar, and is certainly well styled, but up close it falls completely flat.

I'll buy maybe 2 or 3 pieces at most, but I find that Most of the companies attempts at complexity just dont feel right for some reason.

We'll see when it actually hits the shelves...

yea the stuff looks great on the mannequins

does anyone know when this stuff actually releases? hopefully before i go off to college so i can pick up a few items

this may be out of place but anyone know anything about the possible uniqulo barneys merger?

The merger most likely would not mean anything in terms of affecting the stock and look of either store. Barneys is not being bought by Uniqlo, it is being bought by a Dubai firm who also owns Uniqlo. I imagine they would keep the two properies entirely separate.

And yea Uniqlo definitely has some uneven sizing. The plain/colored tees, UT project graphic ts, and pantone project ts have completely different sizing.

The merger most likely would not mean anything in terms of affecting the stock and look of either store. Barneys is not being bought by Uniqlo, it is being bought by a Dubai firm who also owns Uniqlo. I imagine they would keep the two properies entirely separate.

And yea Uniqlo definitely has some uneven sizing. The plain/colored tees, UT project graphic ts, and pantone project ts have completely different sizing.

actually,

barneys is not being bought by the dubai firm.

the dubai firm does not own uniqlo.

uniqlo is owned by fast retailing corp. of japan.

fast retailing put in a 900 million bid for barneys

dubai firm only put in 825 million

they're locked in arbitration right now, as far as my last update.

as for the difference in tee sizing,

the standard uniqlo tees have one sizing scheme.

all UT tee shirt sizing is actually up to the designers in most cases.

they're not all stock sizes- it varies according to each design.

ding.

^are UT tees still being sold in the stores? i havent been paying attention, i dont know if they were a limited deal or not.

but what i do know is these three are fly and just convinced me to stop in once i get to nyc..

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-10b.jpg

uniqlo-fall-07-look-book-19a.jpg

uniqlofall07lookbook9ahq2.jpg

actually,

barneys is not being bought by the dubai firm.

the dubai firm does not own uniqlo.

uniqlo is owned by fast retailing corp. of japan.

fast retailing put in a 900 million bid for barneys

dubai firm only put in 825 million

they're locked in arbitration right now, as far as my last update.

as for the difference in tee sizing,

the standard uniqlo tees have one sizing scheme.

all UT tee shirt sizing is actually up to the designers in most cases.

they're not all stock sizes- it varies according to each design.

ding.

Whoa, I'd only heard about the Dubai bid. I just assumed they must own Uniqlo, even though that sounded weird in my head. Definitely got caught talking out of my ass that time. :o

Is that duffle even a new item though? They had one last winter but the quality/fit was not very impressive for the price when I checked it out. I'm really liking the peacoat from the lookbook though. You don't see many brown ones and that collar looks interesting.

thanks for the updates guys....

quick Q- which one is the "duffle coat" (the one with the hood)? are the coats thick enough for winter? im lookin for a nice warm winter coat

A few weeks ago we gave you a little outlook of what Uniqlo has to offer in their Fall 2007 collection. Just two weeks ago when visiting the tradeshows in NYC, we also had a first look at the newly opened Uniqlo store in NYC and from what we saw in their Summer collection, we were not very impressed, at least not from the mens collection.

Already at the time when we visited they were previewing the Fall/Winter collection and there were some really nice pieces in there. The now present the complete collection online and also launched it in their stores! Definitely worth going by!

saw this article on highsnobiety today... have they finally released the whole collection, or at least the majority of it?